Mcdonald's phone interview 2020

Watch
CJ202020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone had a McDonald's phone interview in 2020? Because I've got one next week 😁

How did it go and what questions did you get asked?
Last edited by CJ202020; 1 month ago
elephant8989
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CJ202020)
Has anyone had a McDonald's phone interview in 2020? Because I've got one next week 😁

I had one today, it was only 15 minutes! Basically what happened was he asked me what times I am available to work, to give an example of a time where I faced a problem working in a team (I said about a team project I did at college where a girl didn't understand the topic so I helped her do her part of the powerpoint) and then weirdly, if I was any brand what brand would i be? I was very nervous but he was very ice on the phone, soo i wouldn't worry I'm sure it'll be fine. Make sure that you bring proof that you are allowed to work in the UK because you will have to read out some details eg for passport: date of expiry and passport number. Good luck!
CJ202020
Rep:
?
(Original post by elephant8989)
I had one today, it was only 15 minutes! Basically what happened was he asked me what times I am available to work, to give an example of a time where I faced a problem working in a team (I said about a team project I did at college where a girl didn't understand the topic so I helped her do her part of the powerpoint) and then weirdly, if I was any brand what brand would i be? I was very nervous but he was very ice on the phone, soo i wouldn't worry I'm sure it'll be fine. Make sure that you bring proof that you are allowed to work in the UK because you will have to read out some details eg for passport: date of expiry and passport number. Good luck!
Hey, thank you so much for the information 😁

How did you answer the brand question? I've been thinking but thats quite a tricky one 😭

And what's the next step for you now? Are they gonne invite you to another interview or are they just gonna email you letting you know if you have the job or not?
Corona Extra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Work at not McDonald’s
elephant8989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, thank you so much for the information 😁

How did you answer the brand question? I've been thinking but thats quite a tricky one 😭

And what's the next step for you now? Are they gonne invite you to another interview or are they just gonna email you letting you know if you have the job or not?
haha yes it really took me by surprise! i was not expecting it! i said walker's crisps because there's so many flavours so it caters to different peoples needs and its versatile and he said he really liked my answer so feel free to use that! he said i have got the job and need to come in on friday to talk face to face. hope this helps!
CJ202020
Rep:
?
haha yes it really took me by surprise! i was not expecting it! i said walker's crisps because there's so many flavours so it caters to different peoples needs and its versatile and he said he really liked my answer so feel free to use that! he said i have got the job and need to come in on friday to talk face to face. hope this helps!
Haha thank you, that answer is brill 👌👌

Wow well done, that's amazing. Did he give you the job on the phone?

Also, Is the store you applied for a franchise or corporate store?
elephant8989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think i got the job? he said that because it’s on the phone he said he has to say whether or not you get the job and that i got the job, but i have to come in for a face to face talk on friday. i have no idea if it’s a franchise or corporate store sorry!! i’ve looked on google but idk how to tell if it is or not!
CJ202020
Rep:
?
i think i got the job? he said that because it’s on the phone he said he has to say whether or not you get the job and that i got the job, but i have to come in for a face to face talk on friday. i have no idea if it’s a franchise or corporate store sorry!! i’ve looked on google but idk how to tell if it is or not!
Ohh so they tell you on the phone if you're successful?

No worries, thanks for checking tho 😊
You looking forward to going in tomorrow?
elephant8989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes they did for me, it might be different for different places though! i went in this morning, it was fine he just asked for my passport, ni number and told me to start tuesday!!
CJ202020
Rep:
?
yes they did for me, it might be different for different places though! i went in this morning, it was fine he just asked for my passport, ni number and told me to start tuesday!!
Oh wow, you're so lucky and well done!

That's great, you excited to start?

Also did you speak to the business/store manager or a hiring manager on the phone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (123)
28.34%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (85)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.22%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.49%

Watched Threads