IGCSE Spanish Essay Format - Email

Watch this thread
faucets
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,
I'm a Y11 who's doing an additional IGCSE for Spanish (exam board is CIE). I've been doing some past papers recently and I noticed for the writing paper they often ask you to write an email. Does anyone know what format I should use for an email? As in, are we meant to put the email addresses at the top or any other things you wouldn't do in other forms of writing? Even if you're not doing CIE Spanish, your input would still probably help!! My Spanish tutor said I just have to write it like an article, but he's not the most well-informed regarding my exam board. If you guys have a picture or a link to anything that could help (e.g. an exemplar essay written as an email) please please send it 🙏🏼 i will love you very much
HakunaMyTatas
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I did cie igcse Spanish back in 2019 so things may have changed, but then again since you’re talking about a past paper probably not. Anyways, yeah you don’t put in the email address, subject line or anything that would even indicate it’s an email. The only reason they even tell you it’s an email is because the exam is written by a bunch of boomers trying to be trendy and down with the kids and their electronic doo-dahs. Just write it like you would a letter (not an article, I have no clue why your teacher thinks an email that gets sent privately to one person is comparable to an article which is seen by anyone who buys the newspaper/magazine). The reason I say this is that if you ever send formal emails, the content is indistinguishable from a letter. Plus, they’re testing your Spanish ability, not your knowledge of technology. I don’t have any exemplars though so you’ll just have to take my word for it until someone else comes along.
Last edited by HakunaMyTatas; 1 year ago
faucets
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hakunamytatas)
i did cie igcse spanish back in 2019 so things may have changed, but then again since you’re talking about a past paper probably not. Anyways, yeah you don’t put in the email address, subject line or anything that would even indicate it’s an email. The only reason they even tell you it’s an email is because the exam is written by a bunch of boomers trying to be trendy and down with the kids and their electronic doo-dahs. Just write it like you would a letter (not an article, i have no clue why your teacher thinks an email that gets sent privately to one person is comparable to an article which is seen by anyone who buys the newspaper/magazine). The reason i say this is that if you ever send formal emails, the content is indistinguishable from a letter. Plus, they’re testing your spanish ability, not your knowledge of technology. I don’t have any exemplars though so you’ll just have to take my word for it until someone else comes along.
thank you so much! Yes you're right my tutor said it was a letter, but being the dumb fathead i am i said the wrong thing. Anyway thank you so much i love u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads