Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I failed one of my modules last year and didn’t have enough credits to pass on to the next year, so now I have to retake the module (fair enough). But I don’t know what this does to my student finance? With COVID my uni’s emailing system is so bogged down that I haven’t been able to get an answer yet. GOV.UK says that they’re ready to make the payments but they’re awaiting confirmation from the uni itself, but I need the maintenance loan for rent ASAP.

Does anyone know what I can do in this situation?
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. If you are experiencing a delay in your Student Finance Funding then you can apply for support via a Delayed Funding Loan. Forms are available at the reception of the Student Life Building and appointments are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

If you are on campus you can drop into the building to request a form, or if you are not on campus you can fill out an enquiry form here and somebody will get in touch to book a telephone appointment.

I hope this helps

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (678)
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (857)
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)

Watched Threads

View All
My Feed