Gcse revision help

Watch
saf_k
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi whoever is reading this rn,
basically I'm in yr11 I am relatively smart (not to toot my own horn but) I feel like there is no way I can revise
flashcards take sooooo much time to make
mind maps r literally useless for me
idk if simply making flashcards even tho they take the piss to make, but go over them and do past papers till my last breath will be enough to get like 8/9s
anyone who replies thank u sm xxx
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you like handwritten flashcards?

You can use quizlet and make them online, it is so much more quicker and you can print them out if you wanted! There also different games to help you learn them and a test!
daisyr03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by saf_k)
hi whoever is reading this rn,
basically I'm in yr11 I am relatively smart (not to toot my own horn but) I feel like there is no way I can revise
flashcards take sooooo much time to make
mind maps r literally useless for me
idk if simply making flashcards even tho they take the piss to make, but go over them and do past papers till my last breath will be enough to get like 8/9s
anyone who replies thank u sm xxx
Hi, I'm in year 13 and I find that the best way to revise is by writing things down on flashcards (which shouldn't take too long if you don't spend ages colouring etc), then testing myself or having someone else test me. hope this helps
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Put all the information into powerpoints and present them as a teacher would to your family
saf_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by daisyr03)
Hi, I'm in year 13 and I find that the best way to revise is by writing things down on flashcards (which shouldn't take too long if you don't spend ages colouring etc), then testing myself or having someone else test me. hope this helps
Ahahahah u rlly called me out on the colouring bit I see thank u smm love x
saf_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moana92)
Put all the information into powerpoints and present them as a teacher would to your family
yo that's acc a sick idea uno, I might try that I just feel like making revision stuff is so time consuming I just wanna like know the info fast
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
instead of flashcards go on word and make questions for yourself on the topic, print it out and write the answers on the back and take that with you so you can test yourself. It’s active recall
saf_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by deadroseex)
Do you like handwritten flashcards?

You can use quizlet and make them online, it is so much more quicker and you can print them out if you wanted! There also different games to help you learn them and a test!
I wanted to try quizlet but I feel like it's the same as normal minus the games x
saf_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
instead of flashcards go on word and make questions for yourself on the topic, print it out and write the answers on the back and take that with you so you can test yourself. It’s active recall
yee I've done that for all of my history flashcards I made in yr 10 but basically I have these pre flashcards but they r not in question format do u think it would be useful for me to write them out again into question or would that be a waste of time or worth it x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (652)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (324)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed