yupyup
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My predicted are A*BB and I applied to 4 AAB unis and 1 ABB uni because I think I can do much better than my predicted and get at least A*AB. What are my chances of getting an offer? UCAS calculator says I have 90% on 3/5 of the unis but I'm not sure now..

I applied to Southampton, KCL, QMUL, Birmingham and St Georges?

Edit: I got an offer from 2 universities what a day! And one even reduced my offer to ABB.
Last edited by yupyup; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yupyup)
because I think I can do much better than my predicted and get at least A*AB.
That means nothing to Admissions staff. They are not interested in your opinion of your ability, they just consider predicted grades.

Depending on subject and 'demand' for that course, you may be considered. Equally, you may not be.
So that is why only one risky choice like that is recommended - make yourother choices more realistic.
isabelmarant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My predicted are A*BB and I applied to 4 AAB unis and 1 ABB uni because I think I can do much better than my predicted and get at least A*AB. What are my chances of getting an offer? UCAS calculator says I have 90% on 3/5 of the unis but I'm not sure now..

I applied to Southampton, KCL, QMUL, Birmingham and St Georges?
Which course are you applying for?

As the person above said, it doesn't matter to the unis what you think you can get. Getting offers AAB unis with A*AB predictions might be difficult because technically you don't meet the entry criteria, but if the A* is in a relevant subject it might help? Some more realistic choices (such as more ABB unis) might have helped but it's a bit late now if you've already applied.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
yupyup
Rep:
?
Ah, I was told by teachers to put aspiring universities because I could always through adjustment. Oh well I guess it's too late now, thank you though!

(Original post by McGinger)
That means nothing to Admissions staff. They are not interested in your opinion of your ability, they just consider predicted grades.

Depending on subject and 'demand' for that course, you may be considered. Equally, you may not be.
So that is why only one risky choice like that is recommended - make yourother choices more realistic.
yupyup
Rep:
?
(Original post by isabelmarant)
Which course are you applying for?

As the person above said, it doesn't matter to the unis what you think you can get. Getting offers AAB unis with A*AB predictions might be difficult because technically you don't meet the entry criteria, but if the A* is in a relevant subject it might help? Some more realistic choices (such as more ABB unis) might have helped but it's a bit late now if you've already applied.
I'm applying to biomedical science courses, thank you for your comment though. I hope I can pull in at least 2 offers.
isabelmarant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm applying to biomedical science courses, thank you for your comment though. I hope I can pull in at least 2 offers.
Good luck! You only need 2 in the end so
yupyup
Rep:
?
Good luck! You only need 2 in the end so
Thank you!! I got 2 offers already which is amazing, I guess miracles do happen
isabelmarant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you!! I got 2 offers already which is amazing, I guess miracles do happen
Congratulations!! That's great
Where are the offers from?
Last edited by isabelmarant; 4 weeks ago
yupyup
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Congratulations!! That's great
Where are the offers from?
QMUL and Southampton!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads