perro123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am thinking about applying to the Uni of Leeds and intend to join the hockey club (it's my main sport ). After some research, I saw that the hockey pitches were a few miles away from the university. I was wondering how easy it is to travel there and back, especially when you have a lot of lectures etc.

Thank you !!
Starlow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s a few years since I was at Leeds but if the pitches are still at Westwood it’s a pain if you don’t have a car.
perro123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Starlow)
It’s a few years since I was at Leeds but if the pitches are still at Westwood it’s a pain if you don’t have a car.
I believe they are at Westwood.

How did you travel to the pitches when you were at university?

Thanks for your reply
Starlow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I meant Weetwood (auto correct!). I had a car... I lived in Charles Morris Hall, on campus, and then moved to the Hyde Park area so was 2-3 miles away from the pitches. Some Halls of residences are closer to the pitches; Oxley Hall is really close but then a treck to the university. If you opt to live in Headingley then your kind of half way between the two. There's a major road (I think Otley Road?) that runs from the University up to Weetwood so there must be plenty of buses that go up and down there regularly. Don't let it put you off, I had an amazing time at Leeds
elb0w
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Current Leeds student!
There are a few buses which go up there from the city centre and go through headingley (student area).
1, 28, 8 and 85 by firstbuses and I think the x84 is by wymetro.
With firstbus, some of the services offer student singles which are only £1.20/£1.30 which is pretty decent.
The buses in Leeds are pretty good so I don't think you will have any issues transport wise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.12%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.71%

Watched Threads