Where can I buy Sertraline in London

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm about to go to King's College, London, and I want to know if the drug Sertraline is allowed at British Customs, and how much is allowed. If customs does not allow carrying, how can I buy Sertraline in London?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's a prescription drug in the UK, so you need it to be prescribed by your doctor; I don't know about customs (it might need to be declared and your prescription from your doctor, or a note from your doctor confirming your prescription, may needed).

In the UK once you have a prescription you can pick it up from the pharmacy you have designated to receive your prescriptions for the standard NHS prescription fee (about £9 per prescription currently I believe) unless you are eligible for free prescriptions from the NHS.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Strictly speaking you need a note from your doctor or a copy of the prescription. It can then be carried with your hand luggage. Sertraline is very low down the list of exciting drugs in the UK, so the reality is that customs are unlikely to pay anything other than a cursory attention to it other than if they thought it might be something else.

You can get a prescription written by an EEA doctor which can be used as a private prescription in any pharmacy. You don't have to go through the NHS to get a prescription. It can be private. Sertraline should be very cheap. Otherwise same NHS routes.

You can carry up to three month's of medication, beyond that you need a personal licence https://www.gov.uk/travelling-controlled-drugs and https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-rest...ical-equipment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.16%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (72)
18.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (112)
29.47%

Watched Threads