thevibex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently in year 11 and when I’m done with my GCSEs I’m planning to move to Canada. However I’m confused on whether I need my GCSEs because I want to go to a college in Canada but I’m 16 and I guess I have to go to a high school for 2 years and then go to college meaning my GCSEs might not even matter ... pls help I don’t know what to do I just want to find a college that accept international applicants that are 16 years old .
Uni2016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thevibex)
I’m currently in year 11 and when I’m done with my GCSEs I’m planning to move to Canada. However I’m confused on whether I need my GCSEs because I want to go to a college in Canada but I’m 16 and I guess I have to go to a high school for 2 years and then go to college meaning my GCSEs might not even matter ... pls help I don’t know what to do I just want to find a college that accept international applicants that are 16 years old .
I would contact the college/colleges your considering attending and ask them this question directly. Good luck!
thevibex
Rep:
?
Yeah I’ll try thanks
Vapordave
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean alone or with your parent(s)/guardian(s)?
thevibex
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vapordave)
Do you mean alone or with your parent(s)/guardian(s)?
With my parents
Vapordave
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With my parents
Ah, I see. You're right that you might not need your GCSEs but you still need to do them, then you go to high school in Canada where they'll give you guidance on college when the time comes.

Colleges won't take you at 16.

*college as in university, not further education institution (the equivalent of high school (Grade 11/12) in Canada)
Last edited by Vapordave; 1 month ago
thevibex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
Ah, I see. You're right that you might not need your GCSEs but you still need to do them, then you go to high school in Canada where they'll give you guidance on college when the time comes.

Colleges won't take you at 16.

*college as in university, not further education institution (the equivalent of high school (Grade 11/12) in Canada)
Yeah I figured . I just wondered if maybe there’s anything like sixth form in Canada where I can study for two years and then go on to Uni like they do here in the Uk but I guess not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
31.78%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.36%

Watched Threads