Hes giving me mixed signals?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay so I knew this guy for 2 weeks+ now. He is my friend's friend.

We met each other 2 years ago but didnt really talk. And then recently, we started playing games on fb and then we started to text on fb messenger about the games. After some time, we started to talk about ourselves like what are we doing, what games is he playing etc. And then I would ask him about his school life since I knew him from school. But then after sometime, things took a turn. Idk how it started but I started teasing him about sexual stuff. Like I would ask who he thought of in bed in school, and stuffs like that. At first he would say another girl, and he said that was the last girl he ever thought of, up till a month ago. Then slowly, he started saying he's been thinking of me in bed because I was open about talking about these things. I told him yes, because we are adults and I find it nothing wrong. So this continued for 2-3days. Before all these talk, I actually already liked him, ever since we started playing games tgt.

So after that a few days ago, I confessed and he told me hes sorry that he couldnt return the same feelings to me?? For a while I was sad and I cold replied him, and he said he didnt wanna lose me as a friend. And the next morning he posted a '😕' emoji on his fb story. It was weird because I have never seen him post anything on his fb story before. That happened like 2 days ago? But anyways, he also kept trying to talk to me, but I'm still giving cold replies. After awhile however, I decided to let it go and to treat him as a friend. So I talked back normally to him and he seemed happy? So I asked him why he posted that emoji in the morning, he just said that's how he felt in the morning.

So again, we talked normally, and then I started to ask if I could call him to talk. At first he was reluctant, because hes an introverted and shy guy (never even had a gf before). But after that I kinda said smth that he said makes him guilty so we talked, and I was surprised we could talk for like 2hrs+ without pause. And we have been talking everyday and this is the third day. And 3 days, it has been more than 1hr call.

Then today, we called, and somehow we just got dragged back to the sexual topic. It wasnt very sexual, but I just teased him, like theres this once when I was young I didnt sleep because I was watching something explicit, and I told him, so he was breathing hard and I would say 'it's sexy when I hear u breath', smth like that. He did told me, he gets turned on easily, and because I was open about it. And he also said he enjoyed it when I talked this way.

Theres also sometimes he confused me. Like he would tell me I'm the only girl he talks to, even screenshot to show me. Then I would ask him why he didnt talk to his other female friends, whom he knew for 2 years in school, and always hang out with them, he said he follow his guts that he would be able to talk to me and theres a barrier to talk to then? And he has also never called a girl on the phone this long before due to him being shy? He also told me somethings he has never tell anyone before, except his best friends.

So I'm like, it's kinda weird. Because he told me he used to hangout with this girl everyday for a period of time, at her house. He knew her about 2 years+ at that point of time, now going 6 years. But he said, he didnt catch feelings for her. And neither did they talk about sexual stuff because the girl was not open to it. But he said he was comfortable till the point he thought he could have told her everything. But now they didnt even text anymore and they were about to meet tmr but he didnt feel as close to her, so there were some things he thinks that he cannot talk to her about.

Does he treat me as a close friend that he can talk to? But we only knew each other for 2 weeks+, and we didnt even went out tgt before? Compared to some of his female friends whom he knew for 2 years + and even went out tgt..
briananj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

We met each other 2 years ago but didnt really talk. And then recently, we started playing games on fb and then we started to text on fb messenger about the games. After some time, we started to talk about ourselves like what are we doing, what games is he playing etc. And then I would ask him about his school life since I knew him from school. But then after sometime, things took a turn. Idk how it started but I started teasing him about sexual stuff. Like I would ask who he thought of in bed in school, and stuffs like that. At first he would say another girl, and he said that was the last girl he ever thought of, up till a month ago. Then slowly, he started saying he's been thinking of me in bed because I was open about talking about these things. I told him yes, because we are adults and I find it nothing wrong. So this continued for 2-3days. Before all these talk, I actually already liked him, ever since we started playing games tgt.

So after that a few days ago, I confessed and he told me hes sorry that he couldnt return the same feelings to me?? For a while I was sad and I cold replied him, and he said he didnt wanna lose me as a friend. And the next morning he posted a '😕' emoji on his fb story. It was weird because I have never seen him post anything on his fb story before. That happened like 2 days ago? But anyways, he also kept trying to talk to me, but I'm still giving cold replies. After awhile however, I decided to let it go and to treat him as a friend. So I talked back normally to him and he seemed happy? So I asked him why he posted that emoji in the morning, he just said that's how he felt in the morning.

So again, we talked normally, and then I started to ask if I could call him to talk. At first he was reluctant, because hes an introverted and shy guy (never even had a gf before). But after that I kinda said smth that he said makes him guilty so we talked, and I was surprised we could talk for like 2hrs+ without pause. And we have been talking everyday and this is the third day. And 3 days, it has been more than 1hr call.

Then today, we called, and somehow we just got dragged back to the sexual topic. It wasnt very sexual, but I just teased him, like theres this once when I was young I didnt sleep because I was watching something explicit, and I told him, so he was breathing hard and I would say 'it's sexy when I hear u breath', smth like that. He did told me, he gets turned on easily, and because I was open about it. And he also said he enjoyed it when I talked this way.

Theres also sometimes he confused me. Like he would tell me I'm the only girl he talks to, even screenshot to show me. Then I would ask him why he didnt talk to his other female friends, whom he knew for 2 years in school, and always hang out with them, he said he follow his guts that he would be able to talk to me and theres a barrier to talk to then? And he has also never called a girl on the phone this long before due to him being shy? He also told me somethings he has never tell anyone before, except his best friends.

So I'm like, it's kinda weird. Because he told me he used to hangout with this girl everyday for a period of time, at her house. He knew her about 2 years+ at that point of time, now going 6 years. But he said, he didnt catch feelings for her. And neither did they talk about sexual stuff because the girl was not open to it. But he said he was comfortable till the point he thought he could have told her everything. But now they didnt even text anymore and they were about to meet tmr but he didnt feel as close to her, so there were some things he thinks that he cannot talk to her about.

Does he treat me as a close friend that he can talk to? But we only knew each other for 2 weeks+, and we didnt even went out tgt before? Compared to some of his female friends whom he knew for 2 years + and even went out tgt..
he already said that he doesn't have feelings for you and he means it because boys are pretty straight forward with this topic. He just wants to have a close female friend and maybe your feelings are making you see things that aren't there because you are hopeful that he actually likes you back... the sext talk is pretty common, at least with my friends I do the same and there are no feelings involved.

Btw it doesn't matter how long you have met someone, connections vary, he might feel more comfortable with you than long friends and that is actually normal
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by briananj)
he already said that he doesn't have feelings for you and he means it because boys are pretty straight forward with this topic. He just wants to have a close female friend and maybe your feelings are making you see things that aren't there because you are hopeful that he actually likes you back... the sext talk is pretty common, at least with my friends I do the same and there are no feelings involved.

Btw it doesn't matter how long you have met someone, connections vary, he might feel more comfortable with you than long friends and that is actually normal
100% agreeee ^^^
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

between close friends there's always gonna be like jokey flirting or sex talk- and its never awkward, but ive found that when you do this with someone of the opposite sex its suddenly meant to be taken seriously like i wanna get with the guy or smth
hes probably just looking for a close female friend with no romance involved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (373)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.47%

Watched Threads