Clilly4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m doing the a topic called flesh and bones in art and I have to do a final piece for the topic fairly soon, but I don’t know what to do we’ve all had to do the same artists as a class and now it’s my time to work independently and I really want to push myself as I would love a good grade! I really like animals and I want to link in flesh and bones to animals but I don’t know how to do it without it getting to gory additionally I need to take my own photos and my final piece needs to be from my own photos if you have any ideas of what I could do this would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you xx
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't take art but some of my friends did - would something more anatomically-based work? So looking more at kind of zoological images and vintage sketches and such, rather than necessarily dead/ bloody animals, if that would help with the gory element?
Could you photograph day-to-day animals just going about their business and then kind of "dissect" them with sketches of their anatomy?

Hope that helps even a little, sorry I'm no expert - good luck!

Edit: could you also introduce different media, e.g. using thread to create/represent muscles and tendons, or twisted newspaper strips for bones?
Last edited by OCorOOC6337; 1 month ago
Clilly4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Omg yes that sound really cool I think I’ll look for some artists that do what you describe to study first and I didn’t even think of the zoology side I could incorporate! Thanks xx
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Clilly4)
Omg yes that sound really cool I think I’ll look for some artists that do what you describe to study first and I didn’t even think of the zoology side I could incorporate! Thanks xx
Of course! Glad I could be of some help ^^'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (93)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.37%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.84%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
29.79%

Watched Threads