Are BTEC exams happening in January or not?

Watch
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently doing a BTEC Extended Certificate in Applied Law and I have to do an exam in January and I want to know if it is going to happen or if they are going to cancel it due to COVID-19 cases being too high or something like that. There isn’t much in the news about these and I would like to find out as soon as I can.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The January timetable has disappeared from the website in the last week but it may be about to be updated. Keep an eye on this https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...ties-2020-2021
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The January exams are still going ahead and the draft timetable is on the website.
Pearson are still waiting on Ofqual deciding what should happen if there is another major COVID lockdown issue, however you should still study and revise as normal and assume that the exam will take place on the 6th January. https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...imetables.html
mjhmichael18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
The January exams are still going ahead and the draft timetable is on the website.
Pearson are still waiting on Ofqual deciding what should happen if there is another major COVID lockdown issue, however you should still study and revise as normal and assume that the exam will take place on the 6th January. https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...imetables.html
According to the timetable I just looked at it is not until the 11th of January as we are doing Unit 3 and not Unit 1 as we would have done that last May but we didn’t due to COVID-19 lockdown situation so in the end it all went on the algorithm and then U-turned to CAGs but luckily I still got the Merit I wanted. I don’t know if any of the students in the class are allowed to retake Unit 1 if they want to but some of them may do if they were given the option.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 4 weeks ago
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
According to the timetable I just looked at it is not until the 11th of January as we are doing Unit 3 and not Unit 1 as we would have done that last May but we didn’t due to COVID-19 lockdown situation so in the end it all went on the algorithm and then U-turned to CAGs but luckily I still got the Merit I wanted. I don’t know if any of the students in the class are allowed to retake Unit 1 if they want to but some of them may do if they were given the option.
Sorry, I just put Unit 1 date. If anyone was unhappy with the calculated grade, they could resit it in January. However if you are also sitting unit 3 it would be a lot of pressure to do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads