The Student Room Group

Are BTEC exams happening in January or not?

I am currently doing a BTEC Extended Certificate in Applied Law and I have to do an exam in January and I want to know if it is going to happen or if they are going to cancel it due to COVID-19 cases being too high or something like that. There isn’t much in the news about these and I would like to find out as soon as I can.
The January exams are still going ahead and the draft timetable is on the website.
Pearson are still waiting on Ofqual deciding what should happen if there is another major COVID lockdown issue, however you should still study and revise as normal and assume that the exam will take place on the 6th January. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables/provisional-timetables.html
Original post by bamtutor
The January exams are still going ahead and the draft timetable is on the website.
Pearson are still waiting on Ofqual deciding what should happen if there is another major COVID lockdown issue, however you should still study and revise as normal and assume that the exam will take place on the 6th January. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/exam-timetables/provisional-timetables.html

According to the timetable I just looked at it is not until the 11th of January as we are doing Unit 3 and not Unit 1 as we would have done that last May but we didn’t due to COVID-19 lockdown situation so in the end it all went on the algorithm and then U-turned to CAGs but luckily I still got the Merit I wanted. I don’t know if any of the students in the class are allowed to retake Unit 1 if they want to but some of them may do if they were given the option.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mjhmichael18
According to the timetable I just looked at it is not until the 11th of January as we are doing Unit 3 and not Unit 1 as we would have done that last May but we didn’t due to COVID-19 lockdown situation so in the end it all went on the algorithm and then U-turned to CAGs but luckily I still got the Merit I wanted. I don’t know if any of the students in the class are allowed to retake Unit 1 if they want to but some of them may do if they were given the option.

Sorry, I just put Unit 1 date. If anyone was unhappy with the calculated grade, they could resit it in January. However if you are also sitting unit 3 it would be a lot of pressure to do that.
We have to wait until Wednesday
At this point, I'm Hella confused. The government says one thing and the education authority says another. It's like they don't really care about BTEC students smh Apparently there's a new strain predominant amongst young people and they want us to sit in a hall full of people who could be assymptomatic. Like, they aren't organised and dunno the stress it's putting on us. (Sorry, just needed to rant)
Reply 7
Original post by Orangemole
At this point, I'm Hella confused. The government says one thing and the education authority says another. It's like they don't really care about BTEC students smh Apparently there's a new strain predominant amongst young people and they want us to sit in a hall full of people who could be assymptomatic. Like, they aren't organised and dunno the stress it's putting on us. (Sorry, just needed to rant)

It's unlikely to be a 'hall full of people'. Given the numbers doing BTEC it should be able to run this with minimal risk - and the risk is not really for those students but for the older and more vulnerable people they might pass it to. It's a level of risk that people (shop workers, teachers teaching key workers children, care workers, NHS staff, delivery drivers etc) are having to take all the time because - on balance - it's worth it.
I sent my UCAS application off to my school, college or exam centre on the 30th of December 2020. Then, they submitted my application to UCAS on the 15th of January 2021 and I am still currently waiting for my offers. My universities did say that they are still considering my application. I have applied for Accounting and Finance with foundation year at either Coventry University or The University of Wolverhampton and the accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course or BA Hons at either De Montfort University or The University of Worcester. I still have one choice spare which I have until the 30th of June to make. That will depend on my grades are then in my latest tests in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies and AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. As it could be either an Accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course at one of these three places which are the University of Wolverhampton, Nottigham Trent University and the University of Leicester. Have any of you guys got any ideas as to how long it will take for my universities to give me my offers? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Reply 9
I sent my UCAS application off to my school, college or exam centre on the 30th of December 2020. Then, they submitted my application to UCAS on the 15th of January 2021 and I am still currently waiting for my offers.

It's been 3 days over a weekend! It could take weeks or even months.
I have just had an offer from Coventry University, Here are the details:
Your choices
You have used 4 of your 5 choices
Offers received
Coventry University C85
Accounting and Finance (Foundation Year) N401
Campus: 5
Start date: 13 Sep 2021
Start from: Foundation year
The university or college has offered you a place subject to conditions.
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021

I am still waiting for offers from my other universities which are the University of Wolverhampton, De Montfort University and the University of Worcester, Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
University of Worcester W80
Accounting and Finance N402
Start from: Year One
The university or college is currently considering your application.
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
De Montfort University D26
Accounting and Finance N420
Campus: Y
Start date: 1 Sep 2021
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
University of Wolverhampton W75
Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year N401
Start date: 20 Sep 2021
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021

Have you got any ideas as to how much longer I am going to have to wait for my offers from these universities?

Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.

Congratulations on the offer!

Universities have until May to respond. As the other user pointed out, you could be waiting for days or months.
I have just had offers from Coventry University and De Montfort University, here are the details:

Your choices
You have used 4 of your 5 choices
Offers received
Coventry University C85
Accounting and Finance (Foundation Year) N401
Campus: 5
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021
View
De Montfort University D26
Accounting and Finance N420
Campus: Y
Start date: 1 Sep 2021
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021

I am still waiting for offers from my other universities which are the University of Wolverhampton and the University of Worcester, Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
University of Worcester W80
Accounting and Finance N402
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
University of Wolverhampton W75
Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year N401
Start date: 20 Sep 2021
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View

Have you got any ideas as to how much longer I am going to have to wait for my offers from these universities?

As already stated, they have until the end of May to send out offers. You have been lucky to receive some already but please just be patient.
I have just had offers from Coventry University and De Montfort University, here are the details:

As has previously been stated - they have until May to send out offers. There is no point asking us again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending