Dual citizen (EU/UK) - which one to apply with

Watch
SusanDuck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can apply as a UK citizen, but since I haven't lived in the UK for the last 10 years I will have to pay international student fees.I can apply as a German citizen and hope that there will be a provision in the illusive Brexit agreement, but then I will have to use some of my precious 4000 characters in my personal statement to explain my English is perfect and it'll be awkward to explain that I don't need a student visa.Any thoughts?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SusanDuck)
I can apply as a UK citizen, but since I haven't lived in the UK for the last 10 years I will have to pay international student fees.I can apply as a German citizen and hope that there will be a provision in the illusive Brexit agreement, but then I will have to use some of my precious 4000 characters in my personal statement to explain my English is perfect and it'll be awkward to explain that I don't need a student visa.Any thoughts?
You can declare dual nationality via UCAS. The fee status that you pick is just indicative and unis will complete their own fee assessment.

You don't need to cover anything in your statement about your visa requirements or you English language skills, (they'll see this from your Eng quals listed elsewhere). Everything in the statement should be related to your interest and suitability for the course that you are applying for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.83%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.18%

Watched Threads