HarvestingSeason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In August, when module results we released, I noticed I got a very high mark for Criminal Law. I then noticed that in the FOI request that the Law School responded to with first-year module marks for my cohort, my mark was the highest for Criminal Law. I was pretty happy about that but didn't think much more of it.

Today, while browsing LinkedIn, I noticed somebody from the previous year (2018/2019) received a prize for the highest module mark in Criminal Law. This confuses me quite a lot since I didn't get notified of anything like that even though my module mark appears to be the highest.

Do universities consistently give prizes for the highest module mark or do they just skip out on that some years? Is it possible they're giving it to someone else who also received the same module mark as me but there's some other factor that warrants giving it to them?

I'm really not familiar with how this works so any heads up would be appreciated. Thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Browsing through Linkedin sounds exciting.
Wouldnt it make more sense for you to ask your department, course rep or tutor at your unnamed uni?
EU Yakov
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
are you sure that you haven't made a mistake and e.g. came 2nd best?
emailing someone is the way forward
HarvestingSeason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EU Yakov)
are you sure that you haven't made a mistake and e.g. came 2nd best?
emailing someone is the way forward
The mark I got is the same as the highest mark so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will email.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads