always-confused
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I've had a confusing last couple of years to say the least but I'll describe my current situation. In 2019 I took my A-levels and got ABB. This was below what I was predicted by my school. This has limited my options quite a bit when it comes to university as most RG unis ask for AAB. I kind of want to retake but I feel as if I might be too old now. What does everyone think? Should I just bite the bullet and go to a lower ranked uni? Or retake?

I should mention that before I went to sixth form I was very diligent with my studying and actually home schooled myself through secondary school. I know I would have the potential to replicate this again. I was kind of a mess when I was 16-18. Silly me haha
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which RG’s, if any could accept your ABB?
always-confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by dylgeo)
Which RG’s, if any could accept your ABB?
None for the exact courses I want, that I've found anyway. I want to do a highly quantitative discipline
yippy-yikes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would say you're never old enough. If you feel like you can do better, then do it! Just check whether the RG unis accept A-Level retakes though (if you haven't already). Apart from that, don't let your age put you off from thriving to the potential you know you can achieve
always-confused
Rep:
?
(Original post by yippy-yikes)
I would say you're never old enough. If you feel like you can do better, then do it! Just check whether the RG unis accept A-Level retakes though (if you haven't already). Apart from that, don't let your age put you off from thriving to the potential you know you can achieve
Thank you very much for your support I would be 24 when I graduate which doesn't seem too bad
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by always-confused)
Thank you very much for your support I would be 24 when I graduate which doesn't seem too bad
Absolutely, you're never going to be the only one a few years "behind" anyway - I'm a 2019 A level student too, planning to start uni next September, I bet we'll barely notice the couple of years age difference
yippy-yikes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by always-confused)
It's not bad at all! It will all be worth it as you did what you really wanted to do!
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Perfectly reasonable thing to do if that is what you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads