MA/MPhil and PhD English Applicants 2021

Watch
username5396220
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone! This thread is a continuation of last year's and is for anyone applying for a postgraduate English Literature course this year. There seem to be a few of us hanging around for decisions currently so it may be good to get a thread going!

To get underway, let us know what course(s) you're applying for and what book you're reading at the moment!
bookworm0604
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys! I’m going for the MPhil in Medieval and Renaissance Literature - anyone else applied/ applying for this? I’m currently reading A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters )
username5396220
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there! Applied for a PhD in English, focus on modern postcolonial lit for me. Currently reading a LOT of trash novels while writing my master’s dissertation. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
henry1999
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

I'm applying for the MPhil English Studies: Modern and Contemporary Literature; has anybody else applying/applied to this programme?

I'm reading Jane Eyre (albeit re-reading it for my dissertation) and Hanif Kureishi's The Buddha of Suburbia at the moment.

What are the topics of everybody's research proposals btw?
username5396220
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by henry1999)
Hi all,

I'm applying for the MPhil English Studies: Modern and Contemporary Literature; has anybody else applying/applied to this programme?

I'm reading Jane Eyre (albeit re-reading it for my dissertation) and Hanif Kureishi's The Buddha of Suburbia at the moment.

What are the topics of everybody's research proposals btw?
Oh nice, I’ve had Kureishi somewhere in my to-be-read pile for a while!

I’d like to keep my PhD proposal close to my chest for privacy purposes, but it’s focused on diasporic Anglophone literatures

Have you applied yet/made progress on your application?
SpangleMagnet
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi all!
I've just completed my MLitt and am now applying for PhDs in English Literature!
dmorgendorffer
Badges: 1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username5396220)
Hi there! Applied for a PhD in English, focus on modern postcolonial lit for me. Currently reading a LOT of trash novels while writing my master’s dissertation. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
PhD Eng here too! Moved to “under review by department”, though appaz that doesn’t mean anything...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
30.16%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.7%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
4.76%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
31.75%

Watched Threads