MA/MPhil and PhD English Applicants 2021

Watch
dukey2323
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by folklover)
Exciting to hear there's been some movement for PhDs!

Any MPhil applicants had any changes? Still under department review for me.
Sounds like it’ll probably be next month we MPhil’s hear back.

Seems like a long wait, but just think that by this time next month you’ll probably know
henry1999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exciting to hear there's been some movement for PhDs!

Any MPhil applicants had any changes? Still under department review for me.
Haven't been any changes for me either- I'm in the same space as you (under review by department). Fingers crossed!
Oxford05
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
About 5pm I was invited to an interview for the AHRC scholarship for a PhD tomorrow afternoon. Hope that's helpful. No idea if this means I'm through to another stage or if it's just routine. Best of luck all!
app2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oxford05)
About 5pm I was invited to an interview for the AHRC scholarship for a PhD tomorrow afternoon. Hope that's helpful. No idea if this means I'm through to another stage or if it's just routine. Best of luck all!
Congratulations! What uni was it for?
Last edited by app2020; 1 month ago
dmorgendorffer
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oxford05)
Ahh amazing! Congrats and best of luck!
likesenglish12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any MPhils still on submitted? I know it's normal, but I can't say I'm not stressed! Best of luck everyone!
ohwell1996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by likesenglish12)
Any MPhils still on submitted? I know it's normal, but I can't say I'm not stressed! Best of luck everyone!
me too
henry1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is the difference between "submitted" and "under review by department"- what event prompts them to change it?
Last edited by henry1999; 1 month ago
dukey2323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by henry1999)
What is the difference between "submitted" and under review by department- what event prompts them to change it?
No idea — mines been on under review by department since like October
evamary
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What MPhil strands have people applied for?! I'm still on submitted too btw
ev78
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by henry1999)
Haven't been any changes for me either- I'm in the same space as you (under review by department). Fingers crossed!
I'm still under review by department as well.
I seriously hope they get back to me quickly for practical reasons, because I'm in a third country at the moment for my Masters and all my paperwork possibily has to be done in my own country. With the insane Covid thing (in the EU) going and coming back is going to to take at least a month with just the Quarantine regulations. It's bloody insane. This is before I factor in pretty much any time to actually do some work like heading to a bank, doing my Visa stuff and spending a couple of days planning for the move. Time is actually quite short. Urghhh...
Last edited by ev78; 1 month ago
henry1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ev78)
I'm still under review by department as well.
I seriously hope they get back to me quickly for practical reasons, because I'm in a third country at the moment for my Masters and all my paperwork possibily has to be done in my own country. With the insane Covid thing (in the EU) going and coming back is going to to take at least a month with just the Quarantine regulations. It's bloody insane. This is before I factor in pretty much any time to actually do some work like heading to a bank, doing my Visa stuff and spending a couple of days planning for the move. Time is actually quite short. Urghhh...
If they were to get back to you in March (which seems to be the reasonable worst-case scenario) would that leave you enough time?
henry1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by evamary)
Modern and Contemporary Literature; you?
folklover
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Portal down for anyone else? I've probably crashed it the amount of times I've been refreshing ...
dukey2323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Portal down for anyone else? I've probably crashed it the amount of times I've been refreshing ...
Yeah I just checked and it’s down... I know we are all secretly hoping that means they are updating it :laugh:
app2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hasn't gone down for me.
dukey2323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Culture and criticism
folklover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dukey2323)
Yeah I just checked and it’s down... I know we are all secretly hoping that means they are updating it :laugh:
Hahah, exactly what I hoped too, but it works on my phone fine and ... under department review
folklover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
American Lit!

Any other American hunnies on here? Let's get LIT!
wmcgonagall
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m doing Medieval and Renaissance (erring towards the Ren side of things) so would love to hear about anyone else doing it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%