The Student Room Group

Contraceptive Pill

Hi. So I am currently 16. I have extremely irregular periods and PMT is soo bad.
The doctor said they will most likely prescribe the contraceptive pill. I would like to know everyone's experience of it. How you found it, side effects etc...
Thanks.
Original post by CharChar2106
Hi. So I am currently 16. I have extremely irregular periods and PMT is soo bad.
The doctor said they will most likely prescribe the contraceptive pill. I would like to know everyone's experience of it. How you found it, side effects etc...
Thanks.

Everybody reacts differently with the pill, majority of us females may not have any side effects while others may suffer with some of them.

Your GP will recommend this at first to you and its trying to get the right pill to work best for you as there's various ones available, you'll need to see how well it goes for you okay and it can take anything upto 3 months for your body to adjust to you using the pill.

See how things goes and if things are the same after a while on this then go back to your GP and discuss things further, it's finding the right pill that will help you okay.
Original post by Allyson2020
Everybody reacts differently with the pill, majority of us females may not have any side effects while others may suffer with some of them.

Your GP will recommend this at first to you and its trying to get the right pill to work best for you as there's various ones available, you'll need to see how well it goes for you okay and it can take anything upto 3 months for your body to adjust to you using the pill.

See how things goes and if things are the same after a while on this then go back to your GP and discuss things further, it's finding the right pill that will help you okay.

Waiiiit so there are different types of contraceptive pills? Sorry if im sounding stupid. Thank you for ur help.
Waiiiit so there are different types of contraceptive pills? Sorry if im sounding stupid. Thank you for ur help.

There's various brands names of the pill , although all do samething ,
You have combined pill

I wouldn't worry to much as if you do some research ok prior to seeing doctor you'll understand things better when they talk to you about it and also you can ask them things as well.
There's various brands names of the pill , although all do samething ,
You have combined pill

I wouldn't worry to much as if you do some research ok prior to seeing doctor you'll understand things better when they talk to you about it and also you can ask them things as well.

ohhh i see. Ok thank you so much!
ohhh i see. Ok thank you so much!

Hi hunni
See what your GP says and discuss this with them okay and if you want to talk more then feel free to do so with PM me ok.
Hi hunni
See what your GP says and discuss this with them okay and if you want to talk more then feel free to do so with PM me ok.

ok thank you so much!
ok thank you so much!

You welcome ok 😃

Quick Reply

Latest