#anonymous_user
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
Would you recommend doing biology and chemistry a levels? Why/why not? If not, which subjects would you recommend and why? And are there many career pathways you can choose with these subjects?
Last edited by #anonymous_user; 1 month ago
_min_
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Biology and Chemistry can be very interesting subjects and can open a lot of doors for you. However, they do come with their difficulties! Biology has an insane amount of content from the get-go, and my friends who take Chemistry have all said it's really hard at first. The majority of the class got Es, Ds, and Cs on the induction test, so Chem takes a hell of a lot of work. Don't let that put you off though, it gets better once you're more used to it! They do overlap at some points too- there's a unit in Biology called Biological Molecules which involves a lot of Chem. Most of the people I know who do Bio and Chem together want to go into medicine or veterinary school, but there are lots of other options! So in short: both are challenging but they're also a lot of fun
#anonymous_user
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by _min_)
Hi! Biology and Chemistry can be very interesting subjects and can open a lot of doors for you. However, they do come with their difficulties! Biology has an insane amount of content from the get-go, and my friends who take Chemistry have all said it's really hard at first. The majority of the class got Es, Ds, and Cs on the induction test, so Chem takes a hell of a lot of work. Don't let that put you off though, it gets better once you're more used to it! They do overlap at some points too- there's a unit in Biology called Biological Molecules which involves a lot of Chem. Most of the people I know who do Bio and Chem together want to go into medicine or veterinary school, but there are lots of other options! So in short: both are challenging but they're also a lot of fun
Hey, thanks so much for the reply, that was genuinely really helpful! (Assuming you’ve done biology) would you say the leap from gcse to a levels is quite huge? And would it be different if a person did separate sciences? Also, would I need to have a huge passion on both subjects, or would some interest be sufficient?
I’m so sorry for spamming you with questions, I’m just really unsure atm and don’t know what to pick at all. Thanks so much for replying though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads