Electricians/ electrical engineers, can you please tell me the name of this connector

Watch
Mustafa0605
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I need an extension for a 2 pin make to a 2 pin female connector but I can’t find it’s right name online. From the photos below, can anybody tell me what is the official part name that would match?
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Name:  CB163ADF-6880-4CA0-8A96-118D4848EF87.jpg.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  15.3 KB
Name:  FC19F211-D81C-42F7-9BE4-524484B06A42.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  21.6 KB
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tagging computery/physicsy people for you

Gofre Sinnoh shadowdweller AcseI
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 month ago
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the first image is out of focus and the second is blurry, so you might want to try those again.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Too blurred and poor lighting. Black on black is not good for contrast!

A ruler for scale would also make life easier.

What is it used for?

Could be a 2 pin ATX or PCI express but needs a much better image to be certain.
Last edited by uberteknik; 1 month ago
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Tagging computery/physicsy people for you

Gofre Sinnoh shadowdweller AcseI
Thanks Cavy

(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Hi
I need an extension for a 2 pin make to a 2 pin female connector but I can’t find it’s right name online. From the photos below, can anybody tell me what is the official part name that would match?
Looks like a 2 pin SM connector, and I believe they're commonly used in model railways, aircraft, etc? This eBay link looks to be the sort of cable you're after, although you'd have to check sizing and ideally find a seller in the UK. Similarly another US seller. There's also an Amazon link to the standalone cables, which you could theoretically solder together to create a simple extension. This should be enough info to find a cable, although it might be easier to just buy the connectors and make your own suitable length cable instead of messing with extensions.
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
(Original post by AcseI)
Looks like a 2 pin SM connector, and I believe they're commonly used in model railways, aircraft, etc? This eBay link looks to be the sort of cable you're after, although you'd have to check sizing and ideally find a seller in the UK. Similarly another US seller. There's also an Amazon link to the standalone cables, which you could theoretically solder together to create a simple extension. This should be enough info to find a cable, although it might be easier to just buy the connectors and make your own suitable length cable instead of messing with extensions.
Yes, you’ve hit the jackpot. This is it. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (119)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.54%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.24%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.45%

Watched Threads