Beth5510
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone with experience in AQA A-Levels could help me out. I'm choosing my A-Levels and will be doing CCEA exam board for most subjects, in which a certain percentage of your final grade comes from your AS Level grades. However, one subject I want to do is an AQA exam board. It also happens to be the one I intend to drop after a year. Will this be possible? Will I be able to drop this subject, or will I have technically just wasted a year considering I won't get any qualification for it?
Thanks!
hijarbie2019
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Beth5510)
Hi, just wondering if anyone with experience in AQA A-Levels could help me out. I'm choosing my A-Levels and will be doing CCEA exam board for most subjects, in which a certain percentage of your final grade comes from your AS Level grades. However, one subject I want to do is an AQA exam board. It also happens to be the one I intend to drop after a year. Will this be possible? Will I be able to drop this subject, or will I have technically just wasted a year considering I won't get any qualification for it?
Thanks!
i think most sixthforms let you drop a subject after 1st yr if you studied eg it would be 3 subjects second year and you get an as certificate at the end if u drop it u have take an exam for it at the end tho i think and as is only half an a level
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can asked to be entered for the AS so you do get a qualification - you'd need to make it clear you want to do this by February (as the entry deadline for the Summer exams is mid Feb)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads