Turn on thread page Beta

Pet cloning watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find another thread like this but if there is one please merge it mods.

I just came across this article
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041224/80/f95w3.html
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ones.html#main

What do you think of animal cloning for these purposes?
    I don't really agree with cloning but can see it as advantageous in some medical and research circumstances. I am really anti this kind of cloning. There are enough homeless animals already in the world without people cloning their existing ones and it seems such a careless attitude towards life and nature.

Any opinions?

(Original post by viviki)
    What do you think of animal cloning for these purposes?
    I don't really agree with cloning but can see it as advantageous in some medical and research circumstances. I am really anti this kind of cloning. There are enough homeless animals already in the world without people cloning their existing ones and it seems such a careless attitude towards life and nature.
    Any opinions?
    Yer right, too many cats around now.

But, I wouldn't mind cloning myself to use as spare parts when needed.
    Just think, the perfect fit, no problems with foreign tissue rejection.

Problem is, where would I store my clone until the parts are needed???

Oh, I'd be in favor of cloning conservative republicans.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is void of the ethical issues that clonging humans would bring up, but that doesn't make it right.
    Both stories talked about cloning to help ease the pain of losing a pet but for 50,000 they need to learn to get over it. And I agree with the Yahoo story. There are millions of homeless animals, why are we trying to clone them?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.