Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all i wanna ask which Trust is most popular in the oxford deanery? How is working at Frimley health trust, is it popular?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends a little on what grade and specialty you're talking about. I'd hazard a guess that OUH and Royal Berks are the most popular. Wexham Park (which is the half of Frimley Health in the Oxford deanery; Frimley Park itself is in South Thames/KSS) is not generally hugely popular, but does have proximity to London in its favour.
Last edited by Helenia; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helenia)
It depends a little on what grade and specialty you're talking about. I'd hazard a guess that OUH and Royal Berks are the most popular. Wexham Park (which is the half of Frimley Health in the Oxford deanery; Frimley Park itself is in South Thames/KSS) is not generally hugely popular, but does have proximity to London in its favour.
Hey thanks for your response, I meant for the Foundation programme. I'm thinking of Wexham Park, what other hospitals would come with that if frimley park is part of south thames?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey thanks for your response, I meant for the Foundation programme. I'm thinking of Wexham Park, what other hospitals would come with that if frimley park is part of south thames?
What do you mean? If you get allocated Oxford FS, but then get a job at "Frimley Health" trust within it, I'm pretty sure that would actually mean you'll be at Wexham. You won't usually cross over into STFS territory.

I don't know if there are any jobs which are just at Wexham for both years, so there's a fair chance you'd get sent elsewhere for F2.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all i wanna ask which Trust is most popular in the oxford deanery? How is working at Frimley health trust, is it popular?
My impression was OUH >> RBH > Stoke Mandeville >Milton Keynes/Wexham Park.
South Thames.
chloemo14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nexttime)
My impression was OUH >> RBH > Stoke Mandeville >Milton Keynes/Wexham Park.

South Thames.
For FY1, a lot of people I did foundation with found the JRH really undersupported. I've heard, far and away, the best things about Royal Berks - everyone there raved about it. Oxford >> Reading in terms of places to live though definitely.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chloemo14)
For FY1, a lot of people I did foundation with found the JRH really undersupported. I've heard, far and away, the best things about Royal Berks - everyone there raved about it. Oxford >> Reading in terms of places to live though definitely.
Oh yeah I meant popularity not how good it is. Teaching hospitals often don't get great reviews.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Helenia)
What do you mean? If you get allocated Oxford FS, but then get a job at "Frimley Health" trust within it, I'm pretty sure that would actually mean you'll be at Wexham. You won't usually cross over into STFS territory.

I don't know if there are any jobs which are just at Wexham for both years, so there's a fair chance you'd get sent elsewhere for F2.
Thanks for clarifying this. Is it possible to only have rotations at Wexham, or will I possibly be required to work at e.g. stoke mandeville / MK as well?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for clarifying this. Is it possible to only have rotations at Wexham, or will I possibly be required to work at e.g. stoke mandeville / MK as well?
Don't know, I'm afraid. I think most foundation jobs in the region are in different hospitals for each year, not sure if there are any which are all the same these days. I didn't do foundation here, and am a senior trainee in a specialty without much day to day contact with foundation docs, so don't know much details about rotation options, unfortunately.
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I did FY there a few years ago there were no such jobs. Can't say it would be impossible via swaps, but very very difficult certainly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (619)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (772)
42.05%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (363)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed