The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thomaskurian89
It's stupid to have both Cambridge and Oxford on your list when you can apply only to one of them

But this thread isn't about reality, it's about the 5 Universitys you'd most like to go to.
So no reason why both Oxford and Cambridge shouldn't be in there.
Reply 21
1.LSE
2.Cambridge
3.Harvard
4.Yale

Thats about it
Reply 22
And my 5 would be;
Sussex (Well, I did choose it after all)
Durham
Loughborough
Imperial
Exeter
1, St. Andrews
2-5, As above.
for my course..

1. Nottingham.
2. Leeds
3. UEA

Done.
Reply 25
thomaskurian89
It's stupid to have both Cambridge and Oxford on your list when you can apply only to one of them

the 5 unis you would want to go to...i'm sure in reality most people would have practical isues about studying in america too :rolleyes: .

1) Oxford
2) MIT
3) Cambridge
4) harvard
5) somewhere else not in UK.
Reply 26
Forgetting rankings, costs etc, and just going on the universities I would want to go to the most:

1. HYP (Just for the prestige)
2. MIT or Caltech
3. Cambridge or Oxford
4. UCL
5. Sydney or ANU

As you can see I'm pretty indecisive. I have an American / Australian bias because I've been to those places and would love an excuse to go there for three or four years. Didn't mention my own university because, well, I'm going there :p:
Joanna May
It's stupid to have a list at all when most people here have already started university or made their application anyway :rolleyes:

lol thats what i was about to say !
I know I've already applied and am about to go to uni, but here's my top 5 for when I did apply last year (bit in bold is where I ended up going)

1. Cardiff
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester
4. Sussex
5. Reading
hmm, if rep, cost and general inconvenience didn't come into it?

1. cambridge
2. kent
3. sussex
4. columbia
5. ucl (where im going - wooo!)
Ewan
Only in England... Otherwise stupid

1. Cambridge
2. LSE
3. Imperial
4. UCL
5. Bristol

For me & my subject choices

LSE dont do physics :s-smilie:
Reply 31
this thread is abit pointless, because, noone here cares what university we all think is the best.
:smile:
+
Invariably you are bound to put the one you go to, rendering this thread pointless.
Reply 32
silent ninja

Lol...!
Poor chap, you've just shattered his dreams :woo:
Reply 33
silent ninja

I'm switching on arrival to Mathematics with Theoretical Physics which is 75% maths. The Physics part of the course isn't my main interest, maths is, and in hindsight I probably should of applied to LSE to do a maths and business kind of degree (mostly maths).
If I'm allowed to put down music colleges and had to pick 5:

Oxford
Royal College of Music
Royal Holloway
Trinity College of Music
KCL(?)

If we're talking about unis only and I had to pick 5:

Oxford
Royal Holloway
Manchester
KCL
NYC

:smile:
Ewan
I'm switching on arrival to Mathematics with Theoretical Physics which is 75% maths. The Physics part of the course isn't my main interest, maths is, and in hignsight I probably should of applied to LSE to do a maths and business kind of degree (mostly maths).

Oh okay fair enough. Although, from the sounds of it, you are more interested in maths and since LSE doesn't have a proper maths department, it attracts fewer of the mathmos. Anyway, this is going off topic!
I've finished uni. But if I were to do undergrad again and apply through UCAS, in order of preference:

1. SOAS
2. UCL
3. KCL
4. Edinburgh
5. Bristol
alenax
No no, Central St Martins or something I believe...?

she came from greece she had a thirst for knowledge. she studied sculpture at st martins college thatss where i...caught her eye.

that one?
Reply 38
1. Manchester
2. Manchester
3. Manchester
4. Manchester
5. Manchester

No, I'm not at Manchester.
Reply 39
Oxford
University of California Berkeley
Cambridge