Erikakhanx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it possible to get offers back from russel group universities even if u haven’t passed ur resit maths and english (haven’t passed yet due to the whole corona situation) but I am doing well in my a levels and I am hoping to apply in Manchester university (russel group)
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Erikakhanx)
Is it possible to get offers back from russel group universities even if u haven’t passed ur resit maths and english (haven’t passed yet due to the whole corona situation) but I am doing well in my a levels and I am hoping to apply in Manchester university (russel group)
Do you mean GCSE Eng/Maths and do you have any more retakes pending or are those grades now set?
Erikakhanx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Do you mean GCSE Eng/Maths and do you have any more retakes pending or are those grades now set?
I will be retaking them both next week however I have two other gcses which I have a grade 8 and 9 , and then in December I’ll be applying to university so I was just wondering if I would get offers back
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will be retaking them both next week however I have two other gcses which I have a grade 8 and 9 , and then in December I’ll be applying to university so I was just wondering if I would get offers back
Yes, you could still get offers from RG unis with pending GCSE retakes. Very competitive courses will need a good overall GCSE profile but there’s nothing you can do about that at this stage.
Erikakhanx
Rep:
?
Yes, you could still get offers from RG unis with pending GCSE retakes. Very competitive courses will need a good overall GCSE profile but there’s nothing you can do about that at this stage.
What if my A-level predictions are AAAC? and a good personal statement?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What if my A-level predictions are AAAC? and a good personal statement?
I don’t know what course you’re applying for or you entire academic profile, but yes, the same applies, you’ll likely be considered just fine for the majority of courses. If you get any offers, they’ll probably be conditional on minimum grades in your GCSE subjects too.

NB. Majority of unis only consider your top three AL grades including essential subjects, so you may wish to consider dropping the fourth at some stage.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got all of my offers back with a pending GCSE grade. I don’t think it matters unless it’s really relevant, they can give a conditional offer based another a certain grade if they want (some of mine did).
I got two offers from the University of Manchester in different subjects.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 month ago
Erikakhanx
Rep:
?
I don’t know what course you’re applying for or you entire academic profile, but yes, the same applies, you’ll likely be considered just fine for the majority of courses. If you get any offers, they’ll probably be conditional on minimum grades in your GCSE subjects too.

NB. Majority of unis only consider your top three AL grades including essential subjects, so you may wish to consider dropping the fourth at some stage.
I am applying for law and thank you
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am applying for law and thank you
Law can potentially be competitive, but as per post #6, you'll likely be fine so long as you have been sensible with your choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.83%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.74%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (69)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise