Is she making excuses to not see me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I asked this girl out from Uni. We’d been out a couple times before and each time had always texted straight after thanking me for how much fun she had. She said yes to going out again originally but then 3 days before we were meant to go out, she told me if we could reschedule to next week. This is because she was gonna go back home due to homesickness and couldn’t meet me this week after our lecture, as originally planned. The thing is after she texted me this, she asked about me etc and made convo on Snapchat. We spoke all day. I said later on “Are you glad you’re back home?” to which she said “Oh I’m going back home after our lecture”. It just made start to think that did she purposely say that to get out of seeing me. Maybe she’s not even going back home as I don’t see her in Uni any other day.
Penny456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I asked this girl out from Uni. We’d been out a couple times before and each time had always texted straight after thanking me for how much fun she had. She said yes to going out again originally but then 3 days before we were meant to go out, she told me if we could reschedule to next week. This is because she was gonna go back home due to homesickness and couldn’t meet me this week after our lecture, as originally planned. The thing is after she texted me this, she asked about me etc and made convo on Snapchat. We spoke all day. I said later on “Are you glad you’re back home?” to which she said “Oh I’m going back home after our lecture”. It just made start to think that did she purposely say that to get out of seeing me. Maybe she’s not even going back home as I don’t see her in Uni any other day.
I wouldn't over think it, she probably is telling the truth or if not she probably has the best intentions and might have something else going on that she's dealing with. If you really think she doesn't want to see you, you should just be straight up with her and ask instead of losing sleep over it, but I really wouldn't worry if I were you! x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Penny456)
I wouldn't over think it, she probably is telling the truth or if not she probably has the best intentions and might have something else going on that she's dealing with. If you really think she doesn't want to see you, you should just be straight up with her and ask instead of losing sleep over it, but I really wouldn't worry if I were you! x
I was thinking of skipping the lecture I’m in with her tomorrow as 1.) thought she wouldn’t be there and 2.) I somehow am ahead of everyone else on work. Do you think I should go in to see how she is with me or will that not really change anything? There’s also that possibility of it will make her miss me 😏
Penny456
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was thinking of skipping the lecture I’m in with her tomorrow as 1.) thought she wouldn’t be there and 2.) I somehow am ahead of everyone else on work. Do you think I should go in to see how she is with me or will that not really change anything? There’s also that possibility of it will make her miss me 😏
I think you should go in and speak to her in person and see what she's like, if she's a bit distant than that'll be an instant red flag. Plus, it's naughty to skip lectures!!!
username5454672
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly, I would just straight up ask her - without sounding too demanding. You are at a age hopefully where you can both be mature about it and honest. No games should be happening at uni - just instead be honest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EwanAdams)
Honestly, I would just straight up ask her - without sounding too demanding. You are at a age hopefully where you can both be mature about it and honest. No games should be happening at uni - just instead be honest.
How would I ask her though?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Penny456)
I think you should go in and speak to her in person and see what she's like, if she's a bit distant than that'll be an instant red flag. Plus, it's naughty to skip lectures!!!
Yeah that would be a red flag and then it would just be weird to why she’d pop up to me today to ask about how I was etc etc
A+B+C
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe she hates you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A+B+C)
Maybe she hates you
Thanks I appreciate it
Penny456
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah that would be a red flag and then it would just be weird to why she’d pop up to me today to ask about how I was etc etc
I think you should just ask her
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads