creambun
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thought I’d share my experience for the job simulation this year.

There are approximately 3-4 video recorded answers that you are given 2-3 minutes to prepare and 2-3 minutes to record your answers for. Questions to video responses include things such as :
- How would you describe your strengths/weaknesses?
- How would you approach an unfamiliar situation that your manager has tasked you with?
- Your manager has sent you an email which outlines your schedule for the week and entrusts you with more work to do. Describe how you would approach this situation.

There is one written response which requires you to respond to an email accompanied by a case study. The case study mainly shows a number of competitors in a market, followed by their market share, profits, shares and dividends, etc. where you are expected to analyse and outweigh the pros and cons before responding to your manager via email.

The rest of the questions are fairly simple and include slider questions e.g. to test your ability in working as an individual or in a group, followed by ranked order questions, where you rank your responses to a certain situation.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.
Last edited by creambun; 1 month ago
smashit123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by creambun)
Thought I’d share my experience for the job simulation this year.

There are approximately 3-4 video recorded answers that you are given 2-3 minutes to prepare and 2-3 minutes to record your answers for. Questions to video responses include things such as :
- How would you describe your strengths/weaknesses?
- How would you approach an unfamiliar situation that your manager has tasked you with?
- Your manager has sent you an email which outlines your schedule for the week and entrusts you with more work to do. Describe how you would approach this situation.

There is one written response which requires you to respond to an email accompanied by a case study. The case study mainly shows a number of competitors in a market, followed by their market share, profits, shares and dividends, etc. where you are expected to analyse and outweigh the pros and cons before responding to your manager via email.

The rest of the questions are fairly simple and include slider questions e.g. to test your ability in working as an individual or in a group, followed by ranked order questions, where you rank your responses to a certain situation.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.
Thanks so much for sharing, this is incredibly useful!!
Do u mind saying what division you applied for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.86%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.45%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.69%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.39%

Watched Threads