Penny456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really want to find a website similar to Chemrevise for AQA Physics because my teachers notes aren't great and I'm really struggling atm!

Any suggestions would be great, along with any suggestions you might have on how to do well in Physics (Apart from obvious things like past papers)

Thanks
Penny456
Rep:
?
(Original post by gorilla_08)
alevelphysicsonline.com
physics and maths tutor website (for notes + Qs)
CGP workbook Qs
http://www.physbot.co.uk/
KhanAcademy <-- very useful for year 13 topics like electric fields

Advice:
Make notes using physicsandmaths tutor notes (If you dont understand whats going on in the notes, watch a level physics online/scienceshorts on youtube)

Add any additional detail to these notes using scienceshorts and http://www.physbot.co.uk/ and cgp book (And khanAcademy has great videos on topics in A level physics, helped me the most in year13... just search the topics in youtube)

Important: Create flashcards from your finished notes onto Anki, (which is a flashcard software on computer, which allows you to create flashcards and review them at a set interval time based on how easy/hard you find the flashcard.)

Do past paper question using CGP workbook / physicsmathstutor website, add any hard questions to a powerpoint document with the written solution (by either screenshotting or taking picture with phone and adding to powerpoint) (ask teacher if u need help) & go through these fully atleast once 2 weeks

Do the real AQA spec past papers a few month before exams, add any hard questions on these to a seperate powerpoint

Study:
Don't eat carbohydrate/sugar rich food before revision as this will make you tired (e.g pasta/sandwich/biscuit/chocolate)
Maybe buy a 'daylight lamp' if you study at night, and use this as your only light in a dark room, so you stay awake (orange light makes u sleepy)
Study 3-4 hours after school & weekends, don't start revision too late after school, start like 5pm (All A* student do this), maybe take friday off to relax

Study 45 min, 15 min break... do this 2-3 times before taking longer break

Tip: If you dont feel like revising force youself for 5 mins, if you dont feel better than you can relax. But 90% of time youll feel better after 5 mins, and youll choose to carry on
Thank you so much this is so helpful!! I've already made a few sets on Quizlet instead of Anki but do you think Anki is better?
gorilla_08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Penny456)
Thank you so much this is so helpful!! I've already made a few sets on Quizlet instead of Anki but do you think Anki is better?
yh
Last edited by gorilla_08; 4 weeks ago
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
alevelphysicsonline.com
physics and maths tutor website (for notes + Qs)
CGP workbook Qs
http://www.physbot.co.uk/
KhanAcademy <-- very useful for year 13 topics like electric fields

Advice:
Make notes using physicsandmaths tutor notes (If you dont understand whats going on in the notes, watch a level physics online/scienceshorts on youtube)

Add any additional detail to these notes using scienceshorts and http://www.physbot.co.uk/ and cgp book (And khanAcademy has great videos on topics in A level physics, helped me the most in year13... just search the topics in youtube)

Important: Then Create flashcards from your finished notes onto Anki, (which is a flashcard software on computer, which allows you to create flashcards and review them at a set interval time based on how easy/hard you find the flashcard.) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvF5Y2101Lk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9IbAfpwuw these vid explain how to use/setup anki)

Do past paper question using CGP workbook / physicsmathstutor website, add any hard questions to a powerpoint document with the written solution (by either screenshotting or taking picture with phone and adding to powerpoint) (ask teacher if u need help) & go through these fully atleast once 2 weeks

Do the real AQA spec past papers a few month before exams, add any hard questions on these to a seperate powerpoint

Study:
Don't eat carbohydrate/sugar rich food before revision as this will make you tired (e.g pasta/sandwich/biscuit/chocolate)
Maybe buy a 'daylight lamp' if you study at night, and use this as your only light in a dark room, so you stay awake (orange light makes u sleepy)
Study 3-4 hours after school & weekends, don't start revision too late after school, start like 5pm (All A* student do this), maybe take friday off to relax

Study 45 min, 15 min break... do this 2-3 times before taking longer break

Tip: If you dont feel like revising force youself for 5 mins, if you dont feel better than you can relax. But 90% of time youll feel better after 5 mins, and youll choose to carry on
thank youuuuuuuuuu
btw isnt anki so confusing?
gorilla_08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
thank youuuuuuuuuu
btw isnt anki so confusing?
idk
Penny456
Rep:
?
anki is way better, youll get so much more motivated to do work because essentially you get assigned flashcards each day, if you don't do them work will pile up, so you get motivated to do them. Also it shows you the flashcards you find hard very often thus you learn them, quizlet is just not on that level

Watch the videos i recommended in the comment above
Is it free?
sadia27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
umutech is a site i use, has lots of practice questions on it 😊
gorilla_08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is it free?
yes.
Penny456
Rep:
?
yes.

My first comment is what i wished i had heard earlier on in my A levels. I just finished the autumn physics exams which I think ill get an grade A in. I would've got an A* if i had spent more time follow the instructions from 1st comment.
Ok great, thanks so much I think you just saved my physics A-level ahah
gorilla_08
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok great, thanks so much I think you just saved my physics A-level ahah
no problem
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sadia27)
woah it looks amazing thanks
im not even OP lol but this advice isv useful x
Penny456
Rep:
?
(Original post by sadia27)
Thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads