pondering-soul
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

Imagewhat does the value circled in red represent?

thanks for any help in advance, I appreciate it
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pondering-soul)

Imagewhat does the value circled in red represent?

thanks for any help in advance, I appreciate it
It looks like the number in the red circle is an error/typo.
As shown by the calculation itr should be the difference between the two standard reduction potentials of the half-cells.

It has to be more than a coincidence that the value given (1.1V) is actually the value for a Zinc||Copper cell. It looks like a bit of copy/pasting has taken place and when the example was edited, they forgot to change the Eº value.
Last edited by charco; 4 weeks ago
pondering-soul
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charco)
It looks like the number in the red circle is an error/typo.
As shown by the calculation itr should be the difference between the two standard reduction potentials of the half-cells.

It has to be more than a coincidence that the value given (1.1V) is actually the value for a Zinc||Copper cell. It looks like a bit of copy/pasting has taken place and when the example was edited, they forgot to change the Eº value.
thank you man that helps a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (902)
42.81%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (398)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads