Synqo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So its my 18th next week and my family want to go out for a meal and have a drink etc and i just dont feel like drinking, its been abit of a burden for a few months as i stopped drinking after abit of anxiety so im feeling the pressure of having to drink. My current standing is that i have my whole life ahead to drink and dont need to rush it, am i wrong for this?
thereisalightx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not at all! Just do whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe explain how you're feeling to them so they don't pressure you as much, but from their perspective it's your birthday so it's a reason to celebrate
Skinnyfatboy2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Synqo)
So its my 18th next week and my family want to go out for a meal and have a drink etc and i just dont feel like drinking, its been abit of a burden for a few months as i stopped drinking after abit of anxiety so im feeling the pressure of having to drink. My current standing is that i have my whole life ahead to drink and dont need to rush it, am i wrong for this?
No just say you don’t want to go and stay at home
summerberry19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Synqo)
Nope not at all!
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Synqo)
Its your big 18th so everything that you do is dependent on you okkk
iNeedHelpNao
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not wrong. If you don't want to drink, don't drink. It's your bday and you can do whatever you liek
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (726)
41.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads