Sarah752
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am a second year Law LLB student studying at the University of Law in London.

Recently I have been thinking about transferring to a different university to study the same course.

I had received an offer to study Law at the University of Manchester (which was My firm) which I accepted, but was unsure of whether they would accept me because of my results.

I have an idea of what universities I am interested in, but I am unsure of where to start and how to begin the process before it is too late.

I have achieved an overall average of ,a low first class at the end of first year but , I am worried that my A level grade's will affect this, given how hard I worked.

Religious Studies: A
History: C
English Literature : D

I have thought about sticking it out and to earn a first class at the end of my degree and then apply for a masters at a top University in London but I cannot help but think about transferring uni's.

What should I do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarah752)
Hi,

Recently I have been thinking about transferring to a different university to study the same course.

I had received an offer to study Law at the University of Manchester (which was My firm) which I accepted, but was unsure of whether they would accept me because of my results.

I have an idea of what universities I am interested in, but I am unsure of where to start and how to begin the process before it is too late.

I have achieved an overall average of ,a low first class at the end of first year but , I am worried that my A level grade's will affect this, given how hard I worked.

I have thought about sticking it out and to earn a first class at the end of my degree and then apply for a masters at a top University in London but I cannot help but think about transferring uni's.

What should I do?
I thought part of studying law was about logical analysis and problem solving?
Maybe find out if its an option first and whether the unis in your head will be interested by asking them?
If they arent then you dont have any options.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarah752)
Hi,

What should I do?
A masters at a top uni won't help you get a training contract if that is your goal.

You will need to do the LPC after your degree but unfortunately, law firms will still look at your A level grades even if you have a first class degree or a masters at a top uni. Many are strict about A level grades but not all of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (123)
28.41%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.16%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (85)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.24%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise