fxck_yeah_itsme
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to study forensic science, and i've seen a college course at Newcastle College which is perfect for me but would it be better to do that which focuses on this subject or take chemistry, biology and maths at sixth form. I just don't know what would be better. I really want out of my school and want to go to college but lately i've been thinking that maybe I should suck it up for another 2 years. I just don't know and need some advice.To sum, forensic science and criminology course vs. chemistry, biology and maths courses? College vs. Sixth form?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i presume you'll be wanting to study forensic science at uni also? you'll need to research what their entry requirements and if they'll accept the college course you're interested in for their course (you might be better off emailing admissions??). a-levels will help you keep your options open- you may have a change of heart of what you want to study halfway through year 12.
for example, USW (https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses...ensic-science/) asks for a levels in biology and chemistry.
if you're not interested in or enjoy biology and chemistry it might be worth rethinking your options. it's important you take a-levels you enjoy.
fxck_yeah_itsme
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
i presume you'll be wanting to study forensic science at uni also? you'll need to research what their entry requirements and if they'll accept the college course you're interested in for their course (you might be better off emailing admissions??). a-levels will help you keep your options open- you may have a change of heart of what you want to study halfway through year 12.
for example, USW (https://www.southwales.ac.uk/courses...ensic-science/) asks for a levels in biology and chemistry.
if you're not interested in or enjoy biology and chemistry it might be worth rethinking your options. it's important you take a-levels you enjoy.
I do have my top three contenders for universities and have researched them extensively however they don't specifically say that they take college courses over a-levels and so was hoping that maybe a uni student or just an a-level student knew. But I think I might end up emailing them if not I am more than happy to apply for sixth forms as I've found a sixth form that is far away from my school and has a really high success rating for their students but we'll see. Thank you for your help.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fxck_yeah_itsme)
I do have my top three contenders for universities and have researched them extensively however they don't specifically say that they take college courses over a-levels and so was hoping that maybe a uni student or just an a-level student knew. But I think I might end up emailing them if not I am more than happy to apply for sixth forms as I've found a sixth form that is far away from my school and has a really high success rating for their students but we'll see. Thank you for your help.
yeah, emailing sounds like a good shout!
no worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads