Partner sent her daughter away without making sure she had somewhere to go

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Her daughter who is 19 has got accepted job in London and got the opportunity but my partner has not got her a house or anything and made it all for her to sort out. I think my partner should have arranged a house to go to even though shes an adult and everything.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Her daughter who is 19 has got accepted job in London and got the opportunity but my partner has not got her a house or anything and made it all for her to sort out. I think my partner should have arranged a house to go to even though shes an adult and everything.
What does the girl say?
Does she have any money?
What are you going to do?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What does the girl say?
Does she have any money?
What are you going to do?
I’m op but I’m unsure because she was going to go with this guy but her mum did want her to and I haven’t been around I don’t know much I don’t live with them.
She has money yes
She’s going to be teaching
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m op but I’m unsure because she was going to go with this guy but her mum did want her to and I haven’t been around I don’t know much I don’t live with them.
She has money yes
She’s going to be teaching
It doesnt sound like you are in a position to intercede.
If you talk to the daughter you can ask her if she needs any help then she can contact you.
Finding a place in London is a mare and imo the worst thing about living there.

If she has say 6 weeks rent as well as a months deposit, she should be ok.
If she needs any assistance she can post here.
Her employer and bank may be able to help.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh if I was 19 I wouldn't expect my parents to sort out accommodation for me. If I wanted to move away then it would be my job to make sure I had somewhere to stay. But it does seem weird that your partner isn't even checking that she's getting everything sorted.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise