Sorm20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi

I handed in my masters dissertation a few weeks ago and I’ve now discovered a referencing mistake in my literature review. A medical publication I’d been citing has had a number of updates over the years and instead of citing the earlier year (2009) I’ve cited 2018. I could kick myself. I’m very anxious about this and not sure if I should just wait it out or speak to my advisor. I had noticed one small typo - an extra space and mentioned it to him (before I realised about the year thing) and he told me stop reading it and I wish I had listened. I’m so mortified and hoped to apply for a PhD next year. I honestly can’t believe I’ve made such a careless mistake. Marks are due out at the end of Nov.
Last edited by Sorm20; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads