Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years plus.. But I feel like I'm starting to lose interest.

So this has been happening on and off. But recently, I started chatting with his friend. And I felt butterflies when I talk to him. I told my boyfriend (I have never hide anything from him, and I dont like lying about things), but of course he felt upset, and I told him I will try to treat him as just a friend, because I'm someone who falls in love easily if the other person treats me nice.

But sometimes I find myself comparing this guy to my boyfriend. Because my boyfriend is always on the computer, which I have told him a lot of times I didnt like it when he is on his computer almost the whole day since he woke up till he sleep (except when he go out). And also because I'm someone who needs a lot of attention (yeah I believe it's my problem and probably my fault). But his friend would talk to me on the phone when my bf is on computer. And because my bf is at my house sometimes. I would find myself asking him to leave me alone when I talk to this guy.

Tbh I still love him, I still see my future with him, and I still want to be with him. But idk why I'm like this. Is it because I have lost interest with him? I need serious solution pls... Like how do I get back the interest I have for him?

Secondly, because I fall for someone else easily, how do I stop this and maintain as friend? This is one of the main reason why I dont have much guy friend. I either dont like them and dont talk to them, or I like them and avoid them. I really wanna make friend with this guy friend of his, but idk how???
blingbling123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years plus.. But I feel like I'm starting to lose interest.

So this has been happening on and off. But recently, I started chatting with his friend. And I felt butterflies when I talk to him. I told my boyfriend (I have never hide anything from him, and I dont like lying about things), but of course he felt upset, and I told him I will try to treat him as just a friend, because I'm someone who falls in love easily if the other person treats me nice.

But sometimes I find myself comparing this guy to my boyfriend. Because my boyfriend is always on the computer, which I have told him a lot of times I didnt like it when he is on his computer almost the whole day since he woke up till he sleep (except when he go out). And also because I'm someone who needs a lot of attention (yeah I believe it's my problem and probably my fault). But his friend would talk to me on the phone when my bf is on computer. And because my bf is at my house sometimes. I would find myself asking him to leave me alone when I talk to this guy.

Tbh I still love him, I still see my future with him, and I still want to be with him. But idk why I'm like this. Is it because I have lost interest with him? I need serious solution pls... Like how do I get back the interest I have for him?

Secondly, because I fall for someone else easily, how do I stop this and maintain as friend? This is one of the main reason why I dont have much guy friend. I either dont like them and dont talk to them, or I like them and avoid them. I really wanna make friend with this guy friend of his, but idk how???
You're not the only person who loses interest so soon. Literally all my relationships lasted just less than a month. That's how severe this "sickness" was. But now I've found myself an amazing boyfriend who treats me well and for the first time I have passed a month, we are going at year 4 now.. I love him so much.
With what you say, I have a feeling that if you've lost interest on this boy after three years of a relationship, it's because of that other guy you speak to. If you're in a relationship with someone, don't open your doors for someone else. Because its natural for us to want other people, you know?
But there is also the side where you need a lot of attention. That's not bad at all. It's just how you are. But your boyfriend also needs his space yeah? I suggest you talk to him about it. Don't ask him to stop everything. Just ask him for his time for a moment just for you.
But if you lost interest on him before you even talked to that new boy, I suggest you take a moment to your self and think to yourself "Why do I feel this?" and accept any answer no matter how hard it is to accept. Because you have the right to love someone truly and he doesn't deserve a fake love as well.
For the "falling in love too easily" part, I think you should take a break from relationships and just stay single and try to understand what you really want.

Overall, I think if you want the relationship to work, you must communicate with your boyfriend and analyse what you both want and work so that both parties are happy. If you don't want this, I suggest you directly tell him the real reason why you can't do this and mention how its fair to not give him fake love because he doesn't deserve it and you don't deserve to act like you love someone an suffer inside.

Take your time, know what you want.
Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.6%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (64)
28.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise