Georgelennon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The question is "Do you think Poundland will ever sell items for more £1?." I can't really think of how to start and talk about why they would sell for more than a pound. I can only answer why they would maintain at a pound for most items in the shop.
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Georgelennon)
The question is "Do you think Poundland will ever sell items for more £1?." I can't really think of how to start and talk about why they would sell for more than a pound. I can only answer why they would maintain at a pound for most items in the
Please help meeeeeee
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is a fundamental problem that as inflation rises there will be less things they can sensibly sell at a decent margin. So they will either have to sell more and more tat or increase price. Take a look in store now, I imagine there are already lots of things where the price is not strictly a pound. So it’s about whether marketing names need to be absolutely factual or just generally indicative of business strategy. I think people can accept that it just means that it is a cheap and cheerful offering. It does show the disadvantage of names that constrain, and hence this question. Pound Stretcher or Home Bargains leaves more flexibility.
Georgelennon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
There is a fundamental problem that as inflation rises there will be less things they can sensibly sell at a decent margin. So they will either have to sell more and more tat or increase price. Take a look in store now, I imagine there are already lots of things where the price is not strictly a pound. So it’s about whether marketing names need to be absolutely factual or just generally indicative of business strategy. I think people can accept that it just means that it is a cheap and cheerful offering. It does show the disadvantage of names that constrain, and hence this question. Pound Stretcher or Home Bargains leaves more flexibility.
I thought so too. Thank you. Btw, I think I am not sure why they would still sell at a pound for most items
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Georgelennon)
I thought so too. Thank you. Btw, I think I am not sure why they would still sell at a pound for most items
Take a look on line. They have loads of things costing more than £1, while retaining sufficient £1 marketed items to live up to the name.
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the post about inflation is a really important point for you to include in your answer, but I'm also wondering about the issue of fake-advertising? I'm not an expert, so someone correct me if I'm wrong but if they advertise everything for a pound, aren't they obliged to ensure that everything is, infact, a pound?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uB2okYq2EWPsIL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed