cameron2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I am currently studying at DMU and have been here for 4 weeks and I have realised that it’s not the best course and I would much rather be closer to home where a better Uni is. Is this possible for me to transfer Uni’s and does the entry requirements for the uni I would like to transfer too matter a lot, as I got CBB and the requirements are ABB. Also I feel like staying at DMU will hinder my chances of getting a masters course at another Uni because it’s not the best of Uni’s, is this the case?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cameron2002)
Hi,
I am currently studying at DMU and have been here for 4 weeks and I have realised that it’s not the best course and I would much rather be closer to home where a better Uni is. Is this possible for me to transfer Uni’s and does the entry requirements for the uni I would like to transfer too matter a lot, as I got CBB and the requirements are ABB. Also I feel like staying at DMU will hinder my chances of getting a masters course at another Uni because it’s not the best of Uni’s, is this the case?
The Transfer FAQ should answer most of your questions.

Your degree classification is much more important that your Uni for the purposes of admission onto a postgrad course.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You will not be able to transfer now - its too late to restart this year.
Your A level grades are too low for a ABB course.

You best solution os to stick it out this year, work your socks off, really engage with the course, and get the best possible Uni grades you can. Its possible that if you contact other Unis around March that they may allow you to apply to restart there for Year 1 in Sept 2021 using your Uni grades instead of A levels. I suggest you contact them now to find out if allow this scenario - some top Unis will not accept any transfers at all.
cameron2002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
You will not be able to transfer now - its too late to restart this year.
Your A level grades are too low for a ABB course.

You best solution os to stick it out this year, work your socks off, really engage with the course, and get the best possible Uni grades you can. Its possible that if you contact other Unis around March that they may allow you to apply to restart there for Year 1 in Sept 2021 using your Uni grades instead of A levels. I suggest you contact them now to find out if allow this scenario - some top Unis will not accept any transfers at all.
Okay thank you, really appreciate this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads