Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so here's the deal. My best friend and his girlfriend have been together for about two and a half years. Right now she's 17 and he's 18. They are very deeply in love and have talked a bunch about getting married in the future which I thought sounded really nice and I was hoping that it would last. Well apparently he proposed to her last weekend and she said yes on the spot. I then tried talking to him about it but it wasn't productive. I reminded him that they might go to different unis, have different jobs, etc. and that he could be setting himself up for some serious heartbreak when it's time to make these choices but he just got defensive and angry and told me that I was just jealous because I didn't have a girlfriend and all kinds of other ********. I get how he's feeling and I'm really not mad about it but it's a little frustrating. How can I have a serious chat about this without it ending like that again and is there any chance that their relationship could actually work?

lmao I just realised that this sounds kinda like Eric and Donna from that 70's show. I still do need some advice though.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, i don't think you should get involved. Sometimes people need to make mistakes in order to learn and grow as a person. If it doesn't turn out well just be there to confort him, if they do end up 'together forever', then good for them.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
***comfort
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.94%

Watched Threads