Jorainbow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My husband has just completed his 4 year nursing degree with OU. He has received a letter stating he has passed all modules, has 360 credits but hasn't enough to get his degree. The support from OU throughout has been terrible and he's waiting obviously very distressed for a response. Can anyone help?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jorainbow)
My husband has just completed his 4 year nursing degree with OU. He has received a letter stating he has passed all modules, has 360 credits but hasn't enough to get his degree. The support from OU throughout has been terrible and he's waiting obviously very distressed for a response. Can anyone help?
I think only the department or registry at the OU can give you the answer.
Having looked it seems the standard 360 credits, so if he has passed everything, then it sounds more like an admin error or they have forgotten some credits. Alternatively he believes he has more credits than he actually has.

I would ring them rather than passively wait for an email reply.
It says 360 here.
http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/nursin...g-adult-r39-ad
Jorainbow
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think only the department or registry at the OU can give you the answer.
Having looked it seems the standard 360 credits, so if he has passed everything, then it sounds more like an admin error or they have forgotten some credits. Alternatively he believes he has more credits than he actually has.

I would ring them rather than passively wait for an email reply.
It says 360 here.
http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/nursin...g-adult-r39-ad
Thanks. His tutor is already on the case I just thought I'd post for advice here for any other input. No harm in doing that!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jorainbow)
Thanks. His tutor is already on the case I just thought I'd post for advice here for any other input. No harm in doing that!
Nope no harm at all. Just pointing out the only people who can know for sure are the ones indicated.
Maybe there are some placement criteria other than credits?
Normally you are not allowed to progress to the next year/stage until you have passed the previous one.

That would lead me to suspect either something is wrong with year 3 rather than 1 or 2.
Alternatively there is a mistake and they have just added 3 years credits and missed the 4th.
If I knew I had passed everything and got 360 credits, then I would be irritated rather than worried.
Jorainbow
Rep:
?
It's a weird one as it's done over 4 actual years as he is working at the same time but yes he progressed to every year ok. He did fail his dissertation and then before he got his resubmission mark which was a pass he got an email stating he needed to register on another module. This was then followed up with an email 2 weeks later saying no he didn't so it sounds like an admin issue. Fingers crossed as doing the study plus working in ICU through covid has been stressful for him. If it is an admin error I hope he gets a huge apology!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.71%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.06%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.5%

Watched Threads