kunjam99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
When do KCL, UCL and Warwick revert to students who have submitted their application before 15th Oct.? Bristol, Leeds, Manchester have already started giving out conditional offers but I haven't seen a single offer post from the above-mentioned unis. I'm just curious when do they usually start giving out offers and why some unis are handing out offers faster than others.
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Warwick has already handed out a few offers for Econ too apparently
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some will start making a small number of offers right away, others will wait until Jan to even start looking at them, (if they use a gathered field approach). If you haven’t heard then you are still being considered, regardless of how long you have to wait.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Only a very few offers have been made for any of the Russell Group Unis from what I've seen.

This usually means that they have (as usual) set the offer threshold high to start with, and more offers will be made as they lower that as more applications come in. The majority of offers will not be made until after January. This is normal for these competitive Unis - like everyone else you'll just have to wait for their decision.
Musaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've got a Warwick offer, not sure when UCL will give offers but LSE are always after Christmas
username5461578
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Musaaa)
I've got a Warwick offer, not sure when UCL will give offers but LSE are always after Christmas
Hi, congrats on your offer! What were your predicted grades and GCSE grades like? I wasn't aware that Warwick had given out any econ offers yet. Do you know other people who have gotten econ offers from Warwick as well?
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KG12300)
Hi, congrats on your offer! What were your predicted grades and GCSE grades like? I wasn't aware that Warwick had given out any econ offers yet. Do you know other people who have gotten econ offers from Warwick as well?
Hi, I've received an offer for economics from Warwick and know quite a few people at school who have as well. I have 10 x 9s and A*A*A*A predicteds. The people I know that have offers have similar grades. You shouldn't worry though as it's still quite early for offers being given out
username5461578
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Incede)
Hi, I've received an offer for economics from Warwick and know quite a few people at school who have as well. I have 10 x 9s and A*A*A*A predicteds. The people I know that have offers have similar grades. You shouldn't worry though as it's still quite early for offers being given out
Oh nice, yours and your friends' applications sound very strong. I have eight 9s, one 8 and one A* at GCSE, 3A* predicted and an EPQ. Just hope they thought my PS was relevant enough to their course. But you're right, it's still quite early
Incede
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by KG12300)
Oh nice, yours and your friends' applications sound very strong. I have eight 9s, one 8 and one A* at GCSE, 3A* predicted and an EPQ. Just hope they thought my PS was relevant enough to their course. But you're right, it's still quite early
With those grades you're definitely getting an offer, nothing to worry about
username5461578
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
With those grades you're definitely getting an offer, nothing to worry about
Ahh thankyou! Hope so!!
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What subject is your A for? x
Good job on your Warwick offer!
Incede
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by confuzzledteen)
What subject is your A for? x
Good job on your Warwick offer!
Thank you! It's physics.
Musaaa
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You guys heard anything back from UCL? I think some people have offers but for joint Econ courses.
Killerheelson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My son has just got his ECON offer from Warwick today and he applied 15th October he also has offers from Manchester and Birmingham all conditional. His predicted A LEVELS are A*A*A His GCSEs WERE 1x9 1x8 4x7 2x6 1x5 so dont worry too much you will get offers.
kunjam99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
——————-thankyou all for answering—————-
kunjam99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Killerheelson)
My son has just got his ECON offer from Warwick today and he applied 15th October he also has offers from Manchester and Birmingham all conditional. His predicted A LEVELS are A*A*A His GCSEs WERE 1x9 1x8 4x7 2x6 1x5 so dont worry too much you will get offers.
thankyou sir/ma’am for informing, that was kinda relieving to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads