Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, I feel like I'm the only one that has a "witch's chin" because I genuinely don't see anyone have this problem! I have a slim face with long sharp jaw but my chin literally curves up which you can see more when I turn to the side. I frikken hate it!!

I even searched exercises to reduce the little tissue/fat that sits right on top my chin which I guess is creating the curve in the first place and I don't see anything!!! Like should I be massaging my chin up or down? I hate wearing my hair up too because it exposes my jaw/chin more I would really appreciate the advice
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
To reduce the fat, you'd need to be in a caloric deficit. You can't 'spot reduce'.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
To reduce the fat, you'd need to be in a caloric deficit. You can't 'spot reduce'.
I’m already a slim girl loool and it’s not like a double chin where my face has excess fat/big cheeks...it’s literally on top of my chin/under lip that has a squishy tissue or whatever that makes my chin look like it’s curved up from my side profile which I hate! 😭 haven’t seen anyone online talk about way to reduce it without getting surgery done 😭
Alaska87222
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if its any help, my brother's girlfriend has a curved chin and i find her very pretty- without coming across as weird, i think her chin suits her well lol!! she's slim too, and so losing weight probably won't affect how your chin looks
i'm not sure if theres really anything you can do aside from looking into getting a flattering haircut. i've heard that facial exercises can help but, in my experience (i have quite a round face), any improvements aren't going to be that drastic.

imo the best thing that you can do is learn to love it. if we all looked 'perfect' we would be boring haha . things that you regard about yourself to be unattractive could be attractive to other people.
its a bit cheesy but i watched a video a couple of months ago that helped me feel a lot better about my appearance. i used to watch a lot of dodie clark and she reminds me of her haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMuiSWd-gg&t=202s

sorry if this isn't that helpful... i'm not really sure about how you can change your chin or anything, but i can imagine that, even if you had a perfect chin, you would find something else about yourself to hate - everyone has something that they dislike about themselves! either way, i hope you find a way to feel better about yourself
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m already a slim girl loool and it’s not like a double chin where my face has excess fat/big cheeks...it’s literally on top of my chin/under lip that has a squishy tissue or whatever that makes my chin look like it’s curved up from my side profile which I hate! 😭 haven’t seen anyone online talk about way to reduce it without getting surgery done 😭
Talk to your doctor about this. They'd inform you better.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Alaska87222)
if its any help, my brother's girlfriend has a curved chin and i find her very pretty- without coming across as weird, i think her chin suits her well lol!! she's slim too, and so losing weight probably won't affect how your chin looks
i'm not sure if theres really anything you can do aside from looking into getting a flattering haircut. i've heard that facial exercises can help but, in my experience (i have quite a round face), any improvements aren't going to be that drastic.

imo the best thing that you can do is learn to love it. if we all looked 'perfect' we would be boring haha . things that you regard about yourself to be unattractive could be attractive to other people.
its a bit cheesy but i watched a video a couple of months ago that helped me feel a lot better about my appearance. i used to watch a lot of dodie clark and she reminds me of her haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMuiSWd-gg&t=202s

sorry if this isn't that helpful... i'm not really sure about how you can change your chin or anything, but i can imagine that, even if you had a perfect chin, you would find something else about yourself to hate - everyone has something that they dislike about themselves! either way, i hope you find a way to feel better about yourself
Haha aw thank you so much for that! You’re right if I didn’t have this i would find something else on my face to moan about haha

Usually when I do hate something about my face..I do get over it because I just tell myself there’s no point in moaning about it because I can’t get surgery done so I just have to live with it...then eventually I forget about what I hate if that makes sense?
But my damn chin!! I have sort of a big face like oval/square and I hate tying my hair up because feel like my chin is completely on show. Hence why I have my hair down 24/7.

When I do facial exercises I do see some difference if I’m consistent with it ngl but I have no idea how to massage/exercise this stupid skin fat or tissue that sits right on top of my chin! I completely hate my side profile 😭 I will check out that YouTube video thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads