The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE IB Applicants 2021

Hey guys I couldn’t find an LSE Applicant thread specifically for IB Students so I decided to create one.

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE
Other universities you're applying for
GCSE grades
Predicted A-level grades & subjects
Home country

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Bsc Management
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, KCL, Edinburgh, Durham (My backups are in my local city)
GCSE grades: 99A*887AAABC (I know my GCSE grades are atrocious )
IELTS: 8
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Math Applications (7) Econ (6) Eng Lit
Home country: Hong Kong
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ttomato
Hi I'm applying for Law at LSE! I'm also applying to Oxford, KCL, UCL and Bristol. 10 9s at GCSE and 44 predicted IB and I'm from England. I'm finding this whole waiting experience so overwhelming, especially because I haven't had any offers yet :frown:

Your application is definitely competitive for Law! Let’s continue to catch up. Btw, would it be possible if you could introduce any friends to participate in this thread?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi I'm applying for Law at LSE! I'm also applying to Oxford, KCL, UCL and Bristol. 10 9s at GCSE and 44 predicted IB and I'm from England. I'm finding this whole waiting experience so overwhelming, especially because I haven't had any offers yet :frown:

Heya, i'm an ib student as well also applying to LSE, Oxford, KCL and UCL for law haha. congrats on ur predicted! it is super overwhelming i keep refreshing track :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by 2021.b3by
Heya, i'm an ib student as well also applying to LSE, Oxford, KCL and UCL for law haha. congrats on ur predicted! it is super overwhelming i keep refreshing track :frown:

feel free to share yours as well!
Original post by hairbear190
feel free to share yours as well!

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Law
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, KCL, Oxford, Warwick (kinda backup not rlly idk, my school considers it one but i don't rlly) (also my backups are in Canada)
GCSE grades: I'm in an American school so none ig?
IELTS: i need to do it but haven't yet :/
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Business (7) Psych (6) Bio

ur gcse are not bad! and idt it matters too much ur ib predicted is way more important.
Reply 5
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, KCL, Oxford, Warwick (kinda backup not rlly idk, my school considers it one but i don't rlly) (also my backups are in Canada)
GCSE grades: I'm in an American school so none ig?
IELTS: i need to do it but haven't yet :/
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Business (7) Psych (6) Bio

ur gcse are not bad! and idt it matters too much ur ib predicted is way more important.

Hey your IB predicted grades are amazing! You certainly have a good chance of getting in LSE! Theres this website which closed down months ago called whatdotheyknow which reveals UK university admission statistics and the average IB score for the LSE law intake (I forgot which year) was 43.03. Your grades are competitive so don't worry too much!
Hey your IB predicted grades are amazing! You certainly have a good chance of getting in LSE! Theres this website which closed down months ago called whatdotheyknow which reveals UK university admission statistics and the average IB score for the LSE law intake (I forgot which year) was 43.03. Your grades are competitive so don't worry too much!

heya! thanks so much so r urs! honestly, the only thing we can do is hope no point getting too worried yk. good luck for ur application, do u know around when we will hear from them?
Reply 7
heya! thanks so much so r urs! honestly, the only thing we can do is hope no point getting too worried yk. good luck for ur application, do u know around when we will hear from them?

I guess they start giving out offers around 10 weeks after applying but I’m not too sure as I just applied a few days ago
Hey I know that I am probably very late, but I applied to LSE almost two months ago. So if the 10 week thing is true, I should find out in two weeks or so.

Course(s) you're applying for at LSE: Bsc Economics and Economic History
Other universities you're applying for: UCL, Warwick, Cambridge, Manchester
GCSE grades: didn't do cuz American school
IELTS: don't plan to do
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Math Analysis (7) Economics (6) Eng Lang Lit
Home country: Spain
Original post by ririririring
Hey I know that I am probably very late, but I applied to LSE almost two months ago. So if the 10 week thing is true, I should find out in two weeks or so.

Predicted A-level grades & subjects: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Math Analysis (7) Economics (6) Eng Lang Lit

hiya! i'm in the ib as well but applied for law, i can't remember who but someone on the other thread said that LSE is only going to start to give offers after Christmas break. gl for ur apps tho also applied for ucl, & warwick haha
hiya! i'm in the ib as well but applied for law, i can't remember who but someone on the other thread said that LSE is only going to start to give offers after Christmas break. gl for ur apps tho also applied for ucl, & warwick haha

Thanks and good luck too.

Yea waiting that long is gonna be rough but I’ll try to keep high hopes
Original post by ririririring

Hey thanks for participating in this thread! Your application is surely competitive! Btw it would be amazing if you could invite some of your IB peers to come join this LSE IB applicant thread regardless of when they applied.
Hey thanks for participating in this thread! Your application is surely competitive! Btw it would be amazing if you could invite some of your IB peers to come join this LSE IB applicant thread regardless of when they applied.

For sure, I’ll get some of my other friends who applied to LSE to join !
Hi! I am an IB student applying to LSE too. In fact I applied in November the 2nd but I would appreciate your opinions concerning my chances of getting in for management Bsc. I have 43/45 with 7 in Econ, 6 in math Analysis, which is more difficult than math Application and I believe more desirable and 6 in English B. However, I have 7 I all my standard level ones which consist of Psychology, Biology and modern greek. I would like to have 7 in English but I have passed the proficiency and I also have B2 in French. I have 19.8/20 in my overall grades prior to IB and I believe my PS Is strong (I have two international internships) etc.

Please give me your opinion I would really appreciate it!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I am an IB student applying to LSE too. In fact I applied in November the 2nd but I would appreciate your opinions concerning my chances of getting in for management Bsc. I have 43/45 with 7 in Econ, 6 in math Analysis, which is more difficult than math Application and I believe more desirable and 6 in English B. However, I have 7 I all my standard level ones which consist of Psychology, Biology and modern greek. I would like to have 7 in English but I have passed the proficiency and I also have B2 in French. I have 19.8/20 in my overall grades prior to IB and I believe my PS Is strong (I have two international internships) etc.

Please give me your opinion I would really appreciate it!!!

Hey I’m applying to the same program as well, and your application is very competitive! If you want my honest opinion, there are many strengths in your application and just a few things you need to be aware of. (You don’t necessarily have to take my opinion into account of as I myself am an applicant as well)

Strengths:

1. 43 points is definitely competitive for management. You aren’t applying for lse Econ. I have a mentor who told me that for lse Econ you need a 42+ IB predicted to stand a chance and for lse management you need a 40+ to stand a chance. 43 is above both of that.

2. International internships. Wow, that’s impressive. The fact that we are metamorphosing to a more international and digitalized business environment may reflect that they are trying to recruit students like you!

3. You are confident with your personal statement which is good, especially for a competitive uni like lse.

Things to be aware of:
1. Although IB math analysis HL is a very respectable course, lse management requires a predicted of 766 with a 7 in mathematics and lse management is among the courses in lse which accept either path, applications or analysis, unlike Econ or finance. Although, your 7 in Econ could most definitely show your competency and perhaps make up for it.

2. I’ve been checking out the main page of lse management recently and there are less preferred HL’s such as business management, foreign language at higher level., etc, so I’m not really sure if English B HL would be a less preferred subject according to lse
Hey I’m applying to the same program as well, and your application is very competitive! If you want my honest opinion, there are many strengths in your application and just a few things you need to be aware of. (You don’t necessarily have to take my opinion into account of as I myself am an applicant as well)

Strengths:

1. 43 points is definitely competitive for management. You aren’t applying for lse Econ. I have a mentor who told me that for lse Econ you need a 42+ IB predicted to stand a chance and for lse management you need a 40+ to stand a chance. 43 is above both of that.

2. International internships. Wow, that’s impressive. The fact that we are metamorphosing to a more international and digitalized business environment may reflect that they are trying to recruit students like you!

3. You are confident with your personal statement which is good, especially for a competitive uni like lse.

Things to be aware of:
1. Although IB math analysis HL is a very respectable course, lse management requires a predicted of 766 with a 7 in mathematics and lse management is among the courses in lse which accept either path, applications or analysis, unlike Econ or finance. Although, your 7 in Econ could most definitely show your competency and perhaps make up for it.

2. I’ve been checking out the main page of lse management recently and there are less preferred HL’s such as business management, foreign language at higher level., etc, so I’m not really sure if English B HL would be a less preferred subject according to lse

Thank you so much you were very encouraging!!! But as you are also an applicant I should let you know that they don't require a 7 in maths, they simply want 766 in the three HLs. Wish you the best of luck!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much you were very encouraging!!! But as you are also an applicant I should let you know that they don't require a 7 in maths, they simply want 766 in the three HLs. Wish you the best of luck!

You too! Where else are you applying to?
hi just going to pitch in here, since this thread’s been inactive for a while :smile:

Other universities you're applying for: UCL (still waiting smh), Bristol (offer), Queen Mary (offer), Cambridge (just got rejected today lmao)
GCSE grades: 4 A*s, 5 As
IELTS: dont know if im taking it
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: 42 points (excluding core points bc my school doesn’t predict those), so 7s at HL english, econ, and history
Home country: India

the wait is horrible tho :frown:
Original post by lunaisla03
hi just going to pitch in here, since this thread’s been inactive for a while :smile:

Other universities you're applying for: UCL (still waiting smh), Bristol (offer), Queen Mary (offer), Cambridge (just got rejected today lmao)
GCSE grades: 4 A*s, 5 As
IELTS: dont know if im taking it
Predicted A-level grades & subjects: 42 points (excluding core points bc my school doesn’t predict those), so 7s at HL english, econ, and history
Home country: India

the wait is horrible tho :frown:

Your predicted are maxed out which is so impressive! I’m not sure if this will make you feel a bit better but all of the Oxbridge applicants in my school got rejected, including a Cambridge law applicant with a predicted of 45 :frown:
Your predicted are maxed out which is so impressive! I’m not sure if this will make you feel a bit better but all of the Oxbridge applicants in my school got rejected, including a Cambridge law applicant with a predicted of 45 :frown:

Thank you! Your grades are stellar too! :biggrin:
And omg wow, yeah...Oxbridge sure is tough sigh, but we definitely all have something bigger waiting for us (or so I’d like to believe haha) so just moving forward :smile:
How are you feeling about IB exams potentially being cancelled or happening, and oh lord, the whole Managebac fiasco?

Quick Reply

Latest