lyra1987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I am determined to get back to Glasgow for FY1.

The fear of ending up far from my family has me considering applying for the priority programme. However, I have read comments in the past about avoiding Inverclyde hospital (where I would have most of my F1/F2 jobs) like the plague.

Does anyone know why it has this reputation? I know the building is old, but why are they so desperate for recruitment to have to have a priority programme? Its small so it would mean 2 rotations in geriatrics. But I figured I would learn loads and being a small DGH I would get good support and teaching. Is this wishful thinking?

The satisfaction ratings on Messly is really low, but there is absolutely nothing to qualify it with (could just be one really really disgruntled person?) Its making me reconsider and think about just taking my chances with the the standard FP process.

Also if anyone has any insider knowledge about the Alex in Paisley (specifically the A&E) it would be appreciated.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Anecdotally, it has a ton of locums across multiple levels who just want to get the work done. Poor for team work and poor for training.
lyra1987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In theory having the priority programme to fill posts = fewer locums? Or am I being. Very naive?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads