Feeling insecure when in relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now. We moved in quickly together due to the coronavirus situation.

We spend every single day together. He is great, he's the best boyfriend I ever had and makes me feel loved etc..

The problem is that I noticed that I changed. I will seek validation from him lots of the time, like ask him whether he thinks I should do that or that for simple decisions and I hate that I'm like that.

Im trying to change but it's difficult, I can't help it sometimes and then I end up hating on myself.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now. We moved in quickly together due to the coronavirus situation.

We spend every single day together. He is great, he's the best boyfriend I ever had and makes me feel loved etc..

The problem is that I noticed that I changed. I will seek validation from him lots of the time, like ask him whether he thinks I should do that or that for simple decisions and I hate that I'm like that.

Im trying to change but it's difficult, I can't help it sometimes and then I end up hating on myself.
Is there a reason why you feel the need to ask for validation? Has anything changed in your relationship e.g. is he more critical of you without realising?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads