Do you think A-Level grade boundaries will get any lower in the next years?

Watch
AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do you think?
If yes,for how many years do you think it will be low?
Advertisement
HannahWilson9
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If there are a lot of students who didn't get the grades they needed for university this year, and retakes the A levels next year, the boundaries will probably go up.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AW AFR)
What do you think?
If yes,for how many years do you think it will be low?
The grade boundaries are set AFTER the papers are marked to give the same proportion of grades as awarded in the past. This is also checked against the prior attainment of the cohort so a strong year group won't be disadvantaged.
Advertisement
AW AFR
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
The grade boundaries are set AFTER the papers are marked to give the same proportion of grades as awarded in the past. This is also checked against the prior attainment of the cohort so a strong year group won't be disadvantaged.
What if we consider the fact that the school system is affected by the pandemic?Will it be lower than previous year?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AW AFR)
What if we consider the fact that the school system is affected by the pandemic?Will it be lower than previous year?
No-one knows - many schools have carried on teaching so their students won't be affected so much. Stop worrying as it will all be adjusted AFTER marking ...
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (106)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (47)
12.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
19.09%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (38)
10.22%
No - I live at home during term anyway (110)
29.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed