username5451430
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My predicted is B C D E so I am not going to get any offers what do i do have not applied yet
Haywood1743
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ɪnˈtɛrəˌgeɪtɝ)
My predicted is B C D E so I am not going to get any offers what do i do have not applied yet
Look at courses with foundation years as they generally have lower offers but still allow you to take the same course.
username5451430
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Haywood1743)
Look at courses with foundation years as they generally have lower offers but still allow you to take the same course.
they are all C C C
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you could ask your teachers to boost your predicted grades (might have to show proof that you'll work hard and one day achieve those grades), or you could look at unis that have very low requirements, (ones that look at ucas points rather than grades seem to have lower requirement?), or you could apply for a foundation year somewhere!
casabonita
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
also what subject are you applying for ?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is far from hopeless. I know someone who had 5 offers with BCD this year for a Geography course. What course is it for and why on earth did you take 4 A levels.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You may get offers for places with low entry requirements regardless of your predictions, (not everywhere even uses them). You just need to be sensible with your choices.

I would ask why you are taking four subjects. In the majority of cases you'd be better focusing on three. Even BCC would be a better profile than BCDE.
University of South Wales
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
These are good predicted grades, don't be too hard on yourself! Studying 4 A levels I would suspect is very hard to do. There are many universities out there who would accept you on these predicted grades, including USW. Let me know which courses you are interested in studying, and I will send you some links to suitable courses. You have plenty of time to apply, the deadline isn't until 15th January 2021. I would be happy to help you with your personal statement if this helps? At our university, we don't just look at your predicted grades for certain courses, so don't panic! Rebecca
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why are you doing 4 subjects?
Drop one, or even two. Concentrate on getting decent grades with the other subjects.
A level grades that low will not get you into Uni. You might like to look at an apprenticeship instead.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
A level grades that low will not get you into Uni. You might like to look at an apprenticeship instead.
To be fair I got in with lower grades than those
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
To be fair I got in with lower grades than those
BCD was my Lancaster insurance offer (a long time ago!)
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which degree? Why are you doing 4 A levels ...?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
they are all C C C
No, many are DD ...
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
4 a levels could be down to your preference, and that’s understandable.

But for the sake of your grades, I’d highly advise you drop one to focus on the initial three, maybe drop the subject you got an E in?
It’s not worth it
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
BCD was my Lancaster insurance offer (a long time ago!)
I think DeMont gave me an offer in tariff points which I missed, (I still have the paperwork somewhere, yes, that's right, my paper UCAS application). I got in with CDE but was lucky as it was a new course and presumably undersubscribed
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Why are you doing 4 subjects?
Drop one, or even two. Concentrate on getting decent grades with the other subjects.
That isnt true. It might not get OP into Bristol or similar but it will get you into many universities. As an example UWTSD requires 88 points for Accountancy and 80 points for Sociology. University of South Wales are accepting BCC-CCD for Geography. A guy on here got 5 offers with actual BCD for Geography including Cardiff, Leicester and Swansea all of whom were showing far higher entry requirements.
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it was me, I'd drop the subject you're getting the E in and use the extra time to try and bump the D up to a C. Plenty of Universities accept low grades - Chester, Liverpool Hope, Trinity St Davids, Glyndwr etc
litstudent30
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm pretty sure some uni foundation courses only require 2 A levels - maybe research those?

I'd personally recommending dropping the 'E' subject and then trying to get that D up to a C - BCC is easier to apply with
student424
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You may have to do a bit of searching around but certainly don't put yourself down. Many unis accept students with lower than the requested grades. Personally I wouldn't bother with 4 subjects. Unis are only really interested in 3 A levels unless it is science related and you are doing Further Maths. Why don't you concentrate on 3 A levels. Or is it an EPQ?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
BCD isn't bad - forget the E, I would drop the E.

You could get offers from lots of unis as long as you are realisic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads