Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I gave a new job the reference of where I did work experience and I let them know I only did work experience there for a month and they said it was fine but then they sent them a form saying they had to know me for longer than 6 months. I don't get it?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I gave a new job the reference of where I did work experience and I let them know I only did work experience there for a month and they said it was fine but then they sent them a form saying they had to know me for longer than 6 months. I don't get it?
You should contact them and ask for clarification on the criteria for a reference. Mention to them that they previously said it was fine for the reference to have only known you for 1 month, but now they're saying it has to be 6 months. Ask them to specify which one it is so you can get the correct reference to them. Sounds like whoever told you it was fine was incorrect.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You should contact them and ask for clarification on the criteria for a reference. Mention to them that they previously said it was fine for the reference to have only known you for 1 month, but now they're saying it has to be 6 months. Ask them to specify which one it is so you can get the correct reference to them. Sounds like whoever told you it was fine was incorrect.
My teacher was supposed to do it but she didn't so I contacted them and gave them my work experience contact details and they said they would send it to them. In my interview I told them I only did work experience for one month. So I don't think they connected the dots but they didn't give me any criteria for a reference they just asked for a reference.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My teacher was supposed to do it but she didn't so I contacted them and gave them my work experience contact details and they said they would send it to them. In my interview I told them I only did work experience for one month. So I don't think they connected the dots but they didn't give me any criteria for a reference they just asked for a reference.
Sounds like they've been bad at communicating to you what their requirements are. Contact them again and ask for the criteria for a reference, and state that you were told 1 month was fine but that it isn't, so you know there must be criteria.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
18.94%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.5%

Watched Threads