diamondhue123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Why are they so oversensitive of the little things? I don't know if it's a good thing or not but sometimes it really is overwhelming, like they're over reacting lol

I left twitter because twitter world is becoming mroe toxic and toxic, trying to be so called "woke"

Is it just me?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by diamondhue123)
Why are they so oversensitive of the little things? I don't know if it's a good thing or not but sometimes it really is overwhelming, like they're over reacting lol

I left twitter because twitter world is becoming mroe toxic and toxic, trying to be so called "woke"

Is it just me?
Well what are the things that you think they’re being oversensitive about?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No you’re the first person to announce your disagreement with the far left.
username5420160
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Is it just me?
https://youtu.be/uWM2E9oHlhA I'll admit sometimes I end up trying to be too politically correct. I think that's what's happening on Twitter. The worst part is, we are ALL aware of it but we can't do much about it.
I linked the video because it mentions that instead of trying to be as PC as possible, we should aim to be more polite! Sometimes we will offend people (there is always something that someone will be offended by) so instead of trying to re-educate people so that you gain some brownie points from others, you should just try to be as polite as possible but not criticise others for what they believe or what you think is their ignorance.
Last edited by username5420160; 4 weeks ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Imhere2help)
https://youtu.be/uWM2E9oHlhA I'll admit sometimes I end up trying to be too politically correct. I think that's what's happening on Twitter. The worst part is, we are ALL aware of it but we can't do much about it.
I linked the video because it mentions that instead of trying to be as PC as possible, we should aim to be more polite! Sometimes we will offend people (there is always something that someone will be offended by) so instead of trying to re-educate people so that you gain some brownie points from others, you should just try to be as polite as possible.
So you’re linking a video suggesting that everyone tries to be more polite yet in the very first sentence of the thread you start with insulting the “newer generation” for being too sensitive....
what?
username5420160
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So you’re linking a video suggesting that everyone tries to be more polite yet in the very first sentence of the thread you start with insulting the “newer generation” for being too sensitive....
what?
Did it come off that way? Sorry if it did. I wasn't trying to insult my own generation. I was thinking more about Toxic Twitter and how trying to become more politically correct can be quite dangerous sometimes (as mentioned in the video!). Do you understand now or is it still confusing?
Last edited by username5420160; 4 weeks ago
AW_1983
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Is it just me?
It sort of is you, but it's you and a lot of other people. My observation of Twitter is that both sides get very passionate about what they believe in, but the right wing get more upset about people having opinions that differ with their own. That's why there are plenty of words to specifically describe left wing people with strongly held views (e.g. snowflake, woke, antifa, libtard etc etc) but not that many words to describe people on the right with strongly held views.

As a middle of the road kind of bloke, when I've given my opinion on Twitter I've been attacked for it by right wing trolls but left wingers tend to go easier on me and are more willing to engage in dialogue. Especially on Brexit (something championed by the far right and the far left alike) I find if I try and ask honest questions about the subject, the right are the ones who will pile in on me and call me all the words above plus call me anti-British etc.
shak101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Is it just me?
There is a general weakling attitude taking hold in society.
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh shut it. Take a time machine back to the 1900s if it bothers you that much.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Another one from twitter?
AW_1983
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shak101)
There is a general weakling attitude taking hold in society.
Now's actually quite a good time to really look at what faux outrage looks like at its most childish. We're going into poppy season and at this time of year the far right normally get online to moan in the most ridiculous way about people who don't wear one as if people actually find the concept offensive. It's weakness in its purest form.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Is it just me?
Idk and I don't really care. You complaining about this trivial thing like a baby doesn't make you look strong and tough.
jjnaeris
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know what you mean but I think right now this is partly necessary because a lot of rly important topics are being discussed more seriously than before and we need people who will be very defensive of these to counteract the weight people who don't want positive change or are willing argue properly. I do agree to some extent, for instance, I think cancel culture can be super toxic because people who've made a mistake aren't given a chance to reflect on it and learn from it but instead are just cancelled. Overall I don't think it's necessarily bad thing but there are definitely aspects of this way of arguing that could use some improvement.
Last edited by jjnaeris; 4 weeks ago
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At this point, is it not safer to agree that the world is royally ****ed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (373)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.47%

Watched Threads