Starboiz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know im gonna sound stupid for asking, but one of my cousins does a job in financing. I cant rlly ask him bc im not gonna see him for a while now until christmas, but i just wanna know what is involved in it, because finance sounds like a cool career!! And what salary comes with it?
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Starboiz)
I know im gonna sound stupid for asking, but one of my cousins does a job in financing. I cant rlly ask him bc im not gonna see him for a while now until christmas, but i just wanna know what is involved in it, because finance sounds like a cool career!! And what salary comes with it?
Finance is a broad industry so it's hard to give specifics with what's involved without knowing what area you potentially want to go into. Accountancy is typically one of the more popular career choices for students but some examples of other potential jobs/careers that can come from a Finance degree are: Economist, Banker, Consultant, Stockbroker, Senior Management roles, Procurement, Auditor or a Trader.

More general careers include those within corporations like financial analysts and finance managers, where you are responsible for overseeing and managing a company’s assets. A finance degree is useful across the entire business spectrum, and in any sector, meaning you can apply for public sector, private sector, government, and international careers.

To get a more in-depth idea of what is involved with a Finance degree or the career that comes with it, we'd advise that you sign up for University online open days where you will get to speak to course tutors and current students for more insight.

Let me know if you have any questions
Starboiz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by UniversityOfSunderland)
Finance is a broad industry so it's hard to give specifics with what's involved without knowing what area you potentially want to go into. Accountancy is typically one of the more popular career choices for students but some examples of other potential jobs/careers that can come from a Finance degree are: Economist, Banker, Consultant, Stockbroker, Senior Management roles, Procurement, Auditor or a Trader.

More general careers include those within corporations like financial analysts and finance managers, where you are responsible for overseeing and managing a company’s assets. A finance degree is useful across the entire business spectrum, and in any sector, meaning you can apply for public sector, private sector, government, and international careers.

To get a more in-depth idea of what is involved with a Finance degree or the career that comes with it, we'd advise that you sign up for University online open days where you will get to speak to course tutors and current students for more insight.

Let me know if you have any questions
Thanks for explaining x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (703)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (888)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.48%

Watched Threads