organicstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wondering if anyone has any tips for the NSAA ?
I have completed practice papers and my scores seem to be getting lower? I am not too sure where I am going wrong. The highest section one score I have managed to secure is 50% starting to worry if I even have a chance at this point or if I should focus on my a-levels this half term instead
any help is appreciated.
Destinex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
50 % is honestly not bad, I think that is the average score actually.
Make sure that if you start reading a question and you don't understand it, move on instantly, time is against you in the test.
I am going to personally begin with chemistry since I find it less intimidating, get my brain in the mood, and then do maths, if that makes sense.
And its positively marked, so guessing as a last resort is not a bad idea.
organicstudent
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Destinex)
50 % is honestly not bad, I think that is the average score actually.
Make sure that if you start reading a question and you don't understand it, move on instantly, time is against you in the test.
I am going to personally begin with chemistry since I find it less intimidating, get my brain in the mood, and then do maths, if that makes sense.
And its positively marked, so guessing as a last resort is not a bad idea.
yes I am going for the bio section and I think by the time I have done the maths I'm in a bad headspace before even starting the biology I will try doing them the other way, thank you!
Destinex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, it was the same for me - I am going to try and do it the other way round and see how it goes.
These weird tips kinda make a difference
Also, use a free-flowing pen to write quickly, and use a pencil to put in answers (emulating the real thing).
But yeah, If you do more confident section quickly first, you'll be in a better headspace to tackle maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads