Tempted to stop contacting him

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
There’s this man I met off a dating app - when we got matched I wasn’t really interested in him as he is 32 and I’m 25 but he double texted me when I ignored him first time round.
Anyways after exchanging some messages I started fancying him as he seems really pleasant. He got my number, we started talking on WhatsApp. But that’s when the problem started - he never says good morning/good night. He’ll send me a message to which I’ll reply as soon as I see it yet he takes hours to reply back despite being online. I get that we are not dating and he could be talking to his colleagues and he also did ask me to meet up but I just don’t get why he’s such a slow texter - I don’t think I can date someone that busy (if he generally is and isn’t talking to 10 other girls) but I really like him. I also hinted to him twice that it annoys me and everytime he would respond immediately but same thing happens time again.

Please no rude replies - if you gonna call me crazy for overthinking, don’t, just carry on with your day.
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean you arent really crazy, like for a relationship to work both parties must be committed. Yeah he might be busy but he could at least say summin about it
username5454672
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask him about it, their is being busy and not making effort and he seems not to care.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
I mean you arent really crazy, like for a relationship to work both parties must be committed. Yeah he might be busy but he could at least say summin about it
Thank you! He doesn’t bother telling me what he’s up to until I suggest that I’m annoyed and then he’s like “sorry been doing this and that” but why not say it before!!
He also never says good morning or good night or even hi and I don’t even know how to explain to a grown man that this is something he should be doing - I guess I should say it when we meet if the moment is right.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EwanAdams)
Ask him about it, their is being busy and not making effort and he seems not to care.
Thank you for advice! Problem is everytime it happens and I express my annoyance, he will apologise but it seems like he’s saying sorry because he’s called out?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your gut instinct is always going to be right, if you feel that something is slightly off then it probably is
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you! He doesn’t bother telling me what he’s up to until I suggest that I’m annoyed and then he’s like “sorry been doing this and that” but why not say it before!!
He also never says good morning or good night or even hi and I don’t even know how to explain to a grown man that this is something he should be doing - I guess I should say it when we meet if the moment is right.
Honestly it seems like he wasnt invested in the relationship at all and that hes only doing it because youre annoyed
username5454672
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for advice! Problem is everytime it happens and I express my annoyance, he will apologise but it seems like he’s saying sorry because he’s called out?
Possibly, I think he’s just not committed to you. As it’s fair to say everyone gets busy, but it takes seconds to reply to a message.
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there
Well.
People are saying he is not interested, committed.
But remember you were the one to ignore him twice the first he texted because you were not interested since he is 32.
Well now, I think he did not liked to be ignored twice. It is not good to ignore people messages.
Maybe he is paying you back.
But he might just be busy perhaps.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People have lives. You can't expect them to drop everything to instantly reply to you when ever you want lol. Thats so entitled.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ackhnologia)
Hi there
Well.
People are saying he is not interested, committed.
But remember you were the one to ignore him twice the first he texted because you were not interested since he is 32.
Well now, I think he did not liked to be ignored twice. It is not good to ignore people messages.
Maybe he is paying you back.
But he might just be busy perhaps.
Isn’t that petty though? I had like 20 guys message me on that dating app - if I weren’t interested I didn’t owe him a reply. But like you said I don’t know what’s up. I don’t know if to talk to him about it but I don’t want to appear psycho lol
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Isn’t that petty though? I had like 20 guys message me on that dating app - if I weren’t interested I didn’t owe him a reply. But like you said I don’t know what’s up. I don’t know if to talk to him about it but I don’t want to appear psycho lol
Well
I do not know
But if it was me, I would prefer to be told after my first message sent that the person is not interested in me, rather than ignoring me.
But I do not know. Maybe he is busy.
Maybe he did not appreciate you ignoring him.
Anyway, I guess you will to wait till he texts you, since you do not want to appear psycho.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would start talking to some other guys rather than have all your eggs in one basket as he is probably talking to other girls too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrysbar)
I would start talking to some other guys rather than have all your eggs in one basket as he is probably talking to other girls too
I did now! You’re right
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did now! You’re right
That’s good - well done 👍
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrysbar)
That’s good - well done 👍
Are you available lol?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you think he should be messaging "morning" and "night" all the time?

You're coming off to me a bit needy but some people are just different.
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you available lol?
You realise he is older than 32? If you had problems with the other guy's age, well then, you are in for a treat :lol:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bio 7)
Why do you think he should be messaging "morning" and "night" all the time?

You're coming off to me a bit needy but some people are just different.
Oh sorry lawd almighty, to ask for so much
realBillyChau
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get over him. Now. Haha

Seriously if he’s not taking the time to make timely replies he’s not worth you time and energy. You’re only crazy coz you think he’s the only fish in the pond but the world is big.

Find someone who’s crazy for you 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (130)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.6%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (89)
19.52%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed